One of the most frequent questions I get is about my favorite spots in New York City! Here is a roundup of the best of the best, although this sort of thing is subjective. These are my tried and true favorites.
- Alta yummy tapas – get the Philadelphia Surprise!
- Armondo’s Well worth the trip out of the city (to Queens) for some of the most authentic and delicious Italian food you’ll ever have. Start with the Baked Clams and the Stuffed Mushrooms.. and get the Chicken Francese for dinner. Be sure to have dessert. Spectacular service.
- Cafe Cluny my favorite for brunch. Get the ham + cheese croissant.
- Gobo healthy vegan/vegetarian fare – veggis never tasted so good.
- Ilili My go-to for business lunches – get the Shrimp Salad!
- Il Cantinori Really great Italian and you can order off the menu. I love the risotto.
- Le Charlot Steak frites and mussels on the Upper East Side. Pure bliss.
- Malatesta Hot waiters, wine in tumblrs, inexpensive home-made pasta… get the spinnach gnocchi
- Pearl Oyster Bar The best (and also most expensive) lobster roll you’ll ever eat.
- Risotteria Gluten-free bliss. The free breadsticks they give you are incredible.
- M&J Trim Ribbon, button, trim, this place is heaven!
- Metaliferous For serious crafters / jewelry making supplies. All the metal findings you could ever dream about!
- New York Bead Center My personal mecca… I could spend all day in here. Seriously.
- Toho Shoji (personally, I find the selection a bit downmarket compared to New York Beads BUT they have a great selection and the prices are a little bit better than the other spots on the list.)
- The Floral District (the area between 6th + 7th ave in the high twenties… if you are looking for ribbon, trim, crystals, or feathers… this is your place to go. You might have to do some digging, but you will save a lot of money.)
- Joe My favorite. I go here every weekend morning.
- Birch A workday favorite. They also have incredible brownies + baked goods.
- Stumptown Always a treat and nestled in the trendy Ace Hotel
- Brooklyn Flea A little bit of a hike, but so worthwhile. You’ll find the most amazing treasures!
- Otte My favorite boutique in Manhattan. Stocks a highly edited assortment of my favorite brands. A must!
- The Young Designer’s Market Such a fun trip… you’ll find jewelry and accessories that no one else has!
- The Bar (obviously!) This is BaubleBar’s new store, and an absolute must-visit.
- Pippin Vintage My favorite place to score beautiful vintage jewelry.
- Love Adorned The most exquisite one of a kind jewelry + home decor… every time I visit I end up with something special.
- Catbird The best spot to score dainty jewels.
- Steven Alan While not exclusive to New York, they stock the best, curated assortment of home goods + clothing.
- ARROJO I see Olivia for color (buttery highlights) and Matthew for a cut (he got me to finally add layers to my hair.) You feel like you are getting the true NYC salon experience here. The service is highly professional and if you’re there for a while you can grab a latte and a mini-cupcake at the cafe.
- DreamDry My go-to for a blow-out. The service is always impeccable and as someone with long, thick hair, I love that they charge a flat rate – no matter the length and thickness of your hair it’s always the same.
- Townhouse Spa Far and away, the best massage in the city. Ask for Van. She isn’t gentle but she will get your knots out.
- The Lash Loft Quick lash extensions, done well.
- Graceful (for a good but cheap massage!)
SEE / DO