August 26th, 2014

Fall-Shopping-List

What I Want for Fall.

Fall-Shopping-List

Like most New Yorkers (and most bloggers), Fall is my favorite season… both weather-wise, and to shop for. Once the temps cool down, I find myself buying fewer, better things and because of that I have built up a pretty good Fall wardrobe, full of timeless pieces that will never go out of style. That’s why I always tend to splurge on the more boring, classic things… and save when it comes to the trendier stuff!

In the spirit of fashion week I’ve already started doing a little shopping (I bought these chunky heels because they were on sale and are just awesome.. and also bought this coat because all the good Fall coats seem to be sold out by August.) As much as I love summer and my little white dresses + fun twin sets, I’m kinda looking forward to boot season (I’ve promised myself I will splurge on the Black Napa 5050 Boots this year) little black skinny pants, and comfy cozy sweaters (I ordered this one yesterday during J.Crew’s sale.) Lots of gray, that’s for sure… I really love the idea of wearing lots of black + gray this Fall, and keeping color limited to my fave red/orange lipstick.

Also… two things that didn’t make the collage: this trench dress that I want to wear open as a vest, and this sweater which I bought in ivory… it’s only $15 and the coziest thing ever– I got the tall one so it’s nice and long.

What are you guys buying for Fall? And what are your favorite things to splurge on? I tend to splurge on coats + boots this time of year and buy the rest at my usual standbys… Madewell, Zara, Old Navy + J.Crew…

one // two // three // four // five // six // seven // eight // nine // ten // eleven // twelve // thirteen // fourteen // fifteen // sixteen // seventeen // eighteen

Scroll through for even more Fall Basics…

13 Responses to What I Want for Fall.

1. Meghan August 26, 2014 at 2:50 pm #

The VINCE coat is also on my list but I’m dying for the one with leather sleeves – opinions welcome, G! :)

2. The Avg Girl Guide (@AvgGirlsGuide) August 26, 2014 at 3:19 pm #

What a fun bootie! I also have the 5050’s on my splurge list for the next shopbop sale… ridiculous for a florida girl but i can’t stop thinking about my friend’s pair. need! That j crew sweater is so cute, too.

3. Miró August 26, 2014 at 3:23 pm #

SOMEday I will splurge on a fabulous leather jacket from IRO (or something similar).

For Fall my uniform becomes motorcycle boots or wedge booties, layered scarves, and blazers or my insanely soft Vince sweatshirt on more normcore days. I switch out bags a lot but I’m currently obsessed with my Consuela small Signature bag that I’ve been testing out for work and the brown is perfect for Fall.
    I always splurge on shoes (must.stop.buying.shoes) and tend to go to TJ Maxx or shop sales for things like shirts b/c I feel like I wear my clothes out quickly.

4. meaghanmoynahan August 26, 2014 at 3:26 pm #

Ooh, I’ve had my eye on that Vince hooded coat too! So so good.

xx Meaghan
    districtsparkle.com

5. Comfy Cozy Couture August 26, 2014 at 3:51 pm #

I will take one of everything please…especially that coat and the boots!!

6. Alexandra Puffer August 26, 2014 at 3:52 pm #

That hooded coat is to die for! Completely obsessed.

Warm Regards,
    Alexandra

7. Akaleistar August 26, 2014 at 6:25 pm #

Loving the skirt and coat!

8. Style Bits & Bobs of M.E. August 26, 2014 at 8:14 pm #

I like 1, 6. and 14 and I am so ready for fall! It is my favorite season!

9. Lauren August 26, 2014 at 8:53 pm #

Sexiest romper ever…while still not showing too much. Love it.

10. Stel // STEL STYLE August 27, 2014 at 2:52 am #

nice list! I like the coat, it’s so nice!!

11. turqandteale August 27, 2014 at 8:37 am #

I’m with you on the coat. If you don’t purchase early they always seem to be sold out! Love the one you scooped up!

12. Rachel @ Rachel//In//Flight August 29, 2014 at 2:09 pm #

I’m loving this fall collection! It is an overall great mix of staples that are just essential for this fall. I am melting for that sweet Theory top (#17). The color is so perfect.
    Thanks for the post!