April 24th, 2014

frank

Frank Body Scrub.

frank

A week or two ago at work, one of my girlfriends was complaining about her {nonexistent} cellulite. In a hushed voice, she said, “I bought Frank.” This immediately piqued my interest… “What’s Fraankkk!?” I exclaimed back. Then our other friends chimed in. “Frank is magic. Frank turns your skin into velvet.” “Frank gets rid of your cellulite.” I was all like, “What? How do I not know about this!?!!?” I mean, I’m the blogger in the group and read a gajillion blogs for work, and I’d never heard of this stuff, not even once. Cut to me on their website, five minutes later, placing an order. I liked that the product is all natural and contains yummy ingredients like coffee grains, brown sugar, sea salt, almond oil, and orange essence. And everyone I know seems to rave about it… check out the comments on my instagram if you want further evidence… they got fanatical! Also, I have a kind of dirty sense of humor and love their marketing. I think it is hilarious/awesome that their slogan is “Get Naked. Get Dirty. Get Rough. Get Clean.”

Frank arrived in the mail a few days later and I got up early yesterday morning just to use it. Frank doesn’t mess around. At the end of my shower, I covered myself in the stuff and scrubbed. You scrub all over, concentrating on any dry spots, stretch marks, cellulite, etc. Now, be forewarned. Frank is messy. A bit of a nightmare if you are a clean freak. He is dark brown, smells like coffee and leaves coffee grits all over the shower. And then, for best results, you are supposed to stand around naked while it works further magic and dries. Then, you get back in the shower and rinse it off.

Standing in the shower naked for ten minutes sounded kind of awful so I brushed my teeth, fed the cat, and did the dishes. Naked, covered in the scrub. I looked pretty terrifying. These are the benefits of living alone, friends.  But when I rinsed off, my skin did feel just like silk. I’m hooked.

Also, my friend uses it every other day {but only leaves it on for five minutes} and said that her cellulite is completely gone. I’ve only used it once, but my skin definitely feels amazing — smooth, silky, and definitely firmer. Anyway, you can get it here. And for the record, I got the coconut one. Its a couple dollars more but I love coconut oil.

PS – If you’ve tried this, and want to leave your experience in the comments section, I’d be so grateful – I’d love to hear what others think about it.

image

62 Responses to Frank Body Scrub.

1. Nnenna April 24, 2014 at 2:32 pm #

I think I read about this on a British (or was it Canadian?) beauty blog but I’ve never tried it before. I’m definitely intrigued though- especially if it really does get rid of cellulite!

2. Rose April 24, 2014 at 2:54 pm #

Alright, I haven’t even heard of this but you have me sold! Heading over to check it out :)

Blonde in this City

3. Lauren April 24, 2014 at 3:10 pm #

I don’t really believe in miracle products, but for the relatively low price I’m going to give it a shot. I have ketosis pilaris (and cellulite, too, duh) and would love to give that the boot before summer – and this is SO much cheaper than the KP duty products.

How many uses do you think you’ll get per bag?

Grace Atwood April 24, 2014 at 4:31 pm #

I have KP too! On my arms – its the worst. This definitely helps. Have you tried Glytone? Their body wash + lotion is amazing for KP – I like it better than KP Duty. But honestly this is even better… and it is all natural. I would say you’d probably get 8 or 10 scrubs from the bag? But I’m not sure. I used a lot the first time, probably more than I needed.

I really hope you try this as it sounds like we have similar skin issues. Let me know what you think!

• Stacey April 24, 2014 at 4:46 pm #

I need to try this pronto, I have KP and nothing seems to help it at all!

xoxo
        Stacey

Five Minute Style

• Joanna April 27, 2014 at 4:30 am #

I used to have KP and discovered Skin Milk’s Shower Gel on Amazon. Bought a pack of 6 for less than $5 each and have never turned back! My arms are smooth as a baby’s bottom and people always compliment me on how soft they are! Give it a try — found them on drugstore.com too!

• Lauren April 24, 2014 at 8:10 pm #

I ordered one of the Glytone kits on Amazon and liked it, but never ended up reordering. Now I just exfoliate and use Amlactin, which I buy in big bottles from Costco, but it just hasn’t been getting the job done lately. Ordered two bags of coconut frank scrub! I’ll keep you posted :)

• Joanna April 27, 2014 at 4:30 am #

4. Kate April 24, 2014 at 3:20 pm #

I don’t typically buy into Miracle Creams, but I will definitely give this a shot. After your review, I’m kind of excited to get scrubbing! Thanks for the tip. :)

Grace Atwood April 24, 2014 at 4:28 pm #

Me either, but based on the price + what friends said (and that its all natural) I gave it a go. So glad I did! Let me know what you think!

5. Amanda @ A Hammer & Heels April 24, 2014 at 4:04 pm #

What?!! Can’t believe I’m just learning of Frank now! The package is so cool I’d buy it just for that! Wonder how long the results last. Like if I used a whole package and then went months without using it.

hammerandheels.blogspot.com

Grace Atwood April 24, 2014 at 4:28 pm #

I’m pretty sure that if you stop using it the results go away (at least that’s the case with most anti-cellulite products…) but I don’t know! Will be interesting to find out. :)

6. Sally April 24, 2014 at 4:13 pm #

well great, now I’m placing my order too – beauty products get me everytimee!!

7. Kate April 24, 2014 at 4:43 pm #

How many scrubs does each pack give you? Or do you use the whole pack for one scrub?

Grace Atwood April 24, 2014 at 9:34 pm #

I’m not positive but my estimate is probably 8 – 10?

8. Shelby April 24, 2014 at 5:07 pm #

sounds lovely!!

9. bellebellebeauty April 24, 2014 at 5:31 pm #

oh I am totally sold. I have KP too – I wasn’t a huge fan of KP Duty so I am ordering this stat!

• Joanna April 27, 2014 at 4:31 am #

10. Emma Fox April 24, 2014 at 6:10 pm #

I ordered mine the other day – still waiting on it! Can’t wait to try it though!!

11. Kate R. April 24, 2014 at 6:25 pm #

Never tried anything like this before, but I just bought it! Excited to give it a try and get ready for summer :) Thanks for the recommendation!

12. Peyton April 24, 2014 at 7:00 pm #

Just placed my order! I have KP issues on the backs of my arms as well, and have had little luck with KP Duty. I can’t wait to try this! Love reading all your beauty product recommendations, Grace.

13. Ghazaleh April 24, 2014 at 7:28 pm #

ooh always love coffee scrubs at the spa… just ordered it with the coconut. thanks for the tip!

14. kdburke1988 April 24, 2014 at 7:45 pm #

I really want to try this stuff, but I know my boyfriend would think I was a total idiot for standing around in coffee grounds, naked, for 10 minutes…he would probably mock me for life, and I would NEVER hear the end of it.

15. Justine April 24, 2014 at 7:59 pm #

I’ve been wanting to try this! It’s on my must have list now:)

16. christina April 24, 2014 at 8:21 pm #

I appreciate your honest reviews and you have definitely sold me on this one! Thanks!

17. Annie Reeves April 24, 2014 at 8:25 pm #

Okay, I’ve gotta try this. At the very least, it sounds like it will smell amazing!!

18. Sarah April 24, 2014 at 8:49 pm #

I was super tempted to buy this last week, but ended up trying to mimic it at home. I tossed day old used coffee grounds, some white sugar (only because I was low on brown), some table salt, and some coconut oil together, and mushed it around till I got a good paste. Have used my mix three times in about a week, and the results are pretty stellar. Will probably add some of Weleda’s almond oil to my next batch, and try brown sugar and sea salt. DIY if you dare? I’d be curious how it compares to Frank. :)

• megg b June 5, 2014 at 4:10 pm #

exactly… its so easy to make yourself.. ive been using this scrub for over a year… i just mix coffee, coconut oil, or olive oil and brown sugar, whatever… it just sloughs off old skin like a great exfoliator…. i couldnt imagine paying for something i could make super easy.. nice advertising though

Grace Atwood June 6, 2014 at 10:13 am #

hey megg – just FYI – this isn’t advertising! Just a product I loved. I bought it myself and wasn’t paid in any way to promote it.

19. Rebecca {at} Preppy Panache April 24, 2014 at 8:53 pm #

Hysterical! I wonder if my husband will leave for a few hrs while I try this out.

20. Amanda April 24, 2014 at 10:06 pm #

Oh, I am DEFINITELY going to have to give this a try! Thanks for the recommendation!

21. Rachelle April 24, 2014 at 10:48 pm #

I am waiting for my order, now you have extra excited to try this.

xo
    ​PinkSole​

22. Lauren April 24, 2014 at 11:43 pm #

I’m sold..just ordered some Frank. Ready for summer.

23. Diana April 25, 2014 at 4:04 am #

Ordered !!!! Great Post Sweets!

24. Lisa April 25, 2014 at 8:16 am #

I can’t believe this is only $14.95.. It sounds too fun not to at least give it a try! Just bought it.
    thanks!

25. Bee April 25, 2014 at 8:34 am #

This is great stuff!! I had just bought the KP Duty to prepare for my spray tan and was uber impressed with how wonderful my body felt after using. I just did another scrub yesterday (post vacation)!! I am definitely pinning this for purchase after depleting my KP jar since it sounds less expensive and I never knew our bodies could feel sooo good after an at-home body “spa” treatment !! Thanks!!

26. ajminneapolis April 25, 2014 at 8:46 am #

Purchased!

27. jillian April 25, 2014 at 8:53 am #

sooo interesting! i really want to try this stuff! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

28. Kimberly Whittaker April 25, 2014 at 10:12 am #

I have been so intrigued since you first mentioned it… this post took me over the edge! Just purchased. :) Is it terrible that I am already scheming about how I can create a fun Instagram photo too? lol

29. Isabelle April 25, 2014 at 10:27 am #

Need to try this!

30. perri schneider April 25, 2014 at 11:16 am #

I’ve been using Frank for a few weeks now! I absolutely love the coconut one. Only set back is the complete mess it leaves in your tub :( But my skin is incredibly soft and I like to use it (gently) on my face too!

31. Rhonda Jenkins April 25, 2014 at 11:44 am #

I love all of these comments, because:
    1. It seems like this products really works so I want to try it.
    2. It makes me realize that a lof of y’all have KP, so I’m not alone!

haha amazing what a little blogger love can do. Thanks for sharing, Grace!!

Rhonda

32. kiley April 25, 2014 at 12:16 pm #

going to buy right this second – love an all natural product suggestion! thanks lady!

33. Laura Kathleen April 25, 2014 at 3:13 pm #

Hi! How long would you say one order of the scrub lasts? I think I need it! haha

34. Tara April 25, 2014 at 7:34 pm #

Wow. Couldn’t resist the all-natural coconut goodness. Thanks for the tip, Grace!

35. HeidiM. April 25, 2014 at 7:44 pm #

Two days in a row you got me!! I ordered the black otte dress yesterday and the coffee scrub today! What would I buy without your blog in my life? ;)

36. Becca Krzmarzick April 26, 2014 at 1:15 am #

Sounds like a really interesting product, makes me want to try it! I’m getting married this summer and the honeymoon includes a beach & bikini… so this would be helpful!

37. Becca April 26, 2014 at 8:36 am #

I think I need to try this!!

38. Rapunzel April 27, 2014 at 9:20 am #

I had never heard of it but I got given frank as a secret Santa gift best gift ever love love love it my skin feels amazing and I smell so sexy lol

39. Cathleen April 28, 2014 at 8:45 pm #

How many uses per package?

40. marlynchaviano May 5, 2014 at 4:37 pm #

I am ordering mine RIGHT now!! I’ve never believed in stretch mark creams- but I believe it will (hopefully) work on my cellulite! Shall I buy a brush to massage in the coffee scrub or just use my hand?! Thanks for the review! <3

41. Tracy May 7, 2014 at 9:05 am #

I am a coffee addict a friend told me about Frank.. weird messy but smells devine. I bought for the coffee factor however it does make my skin feel beautiful.

42. Mercedes June 1, 2014 at 2:20 am #

It’s pretty incredible. I ordered on Thursday and it arrived next day (I live in Los Angeles) and my first use was today. It smells delicious and after scrubbing with Frank my skin was left feeling SO soft, I couldn’t believe it. I was so impressed that I gave it to my mom to try, she suffers from psoriasis that covers most of her body. Hopefully she will find some relief. I will post a follow up after she uses it.

1. Countdown to Rio: 7 Weeks to Go | Northeast by Southwest - April 24, 2014

[…] mini-schedule feels great and I’m looking forward to stepping up my efforts next week. I also just read about Frank body scrubs this afternoon and am considering giving that a try sometime soon.  Goal for next week: […]

2. Link Loving Friday – Coastal Runner Girl - April 25, 2014

[…] have I never heard of frank body scrub?!  This all-natural coffee scrub is supposed to do wonders on your body…  I’ll have […]

3. Weekend Browsing | the little things - April 25, 2014

[…] Have you tried this stuff? Grace wrote a great post about it yesterday, and I’m thinking I should […]

4. Donna Morgan Blog :: Week Wrap-Up - April 25, 2014

[…] Wrap-Up"}]);, and we just may have to try it before our next beach getaway (Grace convinced us!)_kmq.push(["trackClickOnOutboundLink","link_535a7f166ae6f","Article link clicked",{"Title":"(Grace […]

5. Favorite Things - Manifest Yourself - April 25, 2014

[…] is genius? Their Instagram feed is hilarious. (*edited to add: I couldn’t resist after reading this post from Grace…I bought the scrub today… the influence of another blogger is so powerful! […]

6. Required Reading - Rebecca Atwood Designs - May 2, 2014

[…] This body scrub sounds amazing. I ordered the original one. […]

7. Weekend Wishlist | - May 2, 2014

[…] you guys heard of Frank? Thanks to Grace, I have, and I’m dying to try it. Check out #frankfeedback on Instagram to see before/after […]

8. Weekend Reading | Stripes & Sequins - June 28, 2014

[…] know my obsession with Frank Body Scrub. Here’s a nice sounding DIY […]

9. frank body | a Sequin Dress at Breakfast – a style blog by Kiley Stenberg - July 11, 2014

[…] of cult following. All of this along with the fact that it was made with all natural ingredients + Grace’s recommendation had me diving for my credit […]