March 5th, 2014

WIWW-TUlum

Wednesday Wants

WIWW-TUlum

One of my close girlfriends and I are headed to Tulum for a long weekend getaway at the end of the month and it is all. I. can. think. about. I’ve been burning the candle at both ends {both ends meaning work and blog – nothing too exciting, haha} and just need a little break. On my first trip to Tulum {this past October} I overpacked. I brought wedge sandals, makeup, too much stuff. This time around will be different. One pair of flat sandals, a couple of bikinis, some coverups… that’s really all you need. No need to bring any makeup except maybe a tinted lip balm and waterproof mascara – if that. It’s such a magical, amazing place… I can’t wait to go back. Fresh juice, sand, sun, and yoga… here we come!

From top left: Joie Top // Gold and Gray Necklace // Chan Luu Necklace // Joie Dress // J.Crew Shorts // J.Crew Bikini // Cuyana Robe // J.Crew Tote // Old Navy Straw Hat {comes in big sizes – yay!} // Madewell Sandals

PS – Shopbop just added a bunch of Spring Markdowns… just sayin’….

18 Responses to Wednesday Wants

1. Erin @ Thanks, I Made It March 5, 2014 at 8:22 am #

Yay! I’m headed there this weekend and coincidentally, have a similar post (with those sandals!) coming later this week! I’m really excited for the R&R too : )

2. Daisy // & Pretty Things March 5, 2014 at 8:29 am #

that’s so exciting! you deserve a nice vacation! :)

daisy
    & Pretty Things

3. Christina Storm March 5, 2014 at 8:40 am #

Great picks! Love the stripes!

The Style Storm
    <3, Christina

4. jillian March 5, 2014 at 8:55 am #

nice! jealous of your trip! i need to go somewhere WARM soon! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

5. comfortablyychic March 5, 2014 at 9:15 am #

SO jealous of your trip. Although I can definitely see why you need a vacation – I don’t know how you do it all!

Love this set, especially the robe and sunhat. Now back to our 20 degree temperatures….

xx, Jen

6. mademoisellebagatelles March 5, 2014 at 9:28 am #

Oh this trip sounds sooo nice! I also tend to overpack way too much, but I’m realizing now that less is more in this case too :) I love this necklace and robe, I would totally wear them on a relaxing sunny getaway.

7. Dana March 5, 2014 at 10:09 am #

Your trip sounds so amazing right now! I cant wait to see pictures :) Love the white dress!!

8. Alison March 5, 2014 at 10:36 am #

How utterly fantastic! Hopefully when you come back it will be spring!

9. Amy McKlendin March 5, 2014 at 10:45 am #

Where do you stay in Tulum? It looks amazing and would love to go there someday.

Grace Atwood March 5, 2014 at 11:28 am #

The first time I went, I stayed at the Coqui Coqui! This time around we are staying at the Papaya Playa Project. I’ve also heard amazing things about Amansala, Ana y Jose, BE Tulum, and Casa Violeta.

10. Kirby Todd March 5, 2014 at 10:47 am #

Tulum is on my bucket list! Cannot wait to see photos. We have a Cabo trip planned for May and I may add a few items to my packing list!

11. Androbel (@AndrobelBoutiq) March 5, 2014 at 11:09 am #

love, love the yellow top.
    Xo,
    Belen

12. Jill March 5, 2014 at 11:25 am #

so jealous – that sounds like the perfect trip to get away and escape this blah winter weather too. nice packing list too- can’t believe that sun hat is from old navy!!

redlipswontquit.blogspot.com

13. Rachel {Love This Life} March 5, 2014 at 11:29 am #

A getaway sounds amazing. I can’t even explain how over winter and cold weather I am!

14. Lisa March 5, 2014 at 12:16 pm #

How about a DIY inspired by that necklace? I love it but I am on a tight budget this spring! You haven’t done any jewelry in a while…..

Grace Atwood March 5, 2014 at 2:01 pm #

I’m sure it wouldn’t be that hard! I haven’t had time to craft lately – but will try! It’s def DIY-able!

15. Sarah March 5, 2014 at 9:06 pm #

I second that grace! Please DIY that pink tassel necklace (atleast so I can pretend I’m heading to the beach or somewhere warm!!)

16. bclaire March 5, 2014 at 9:46 pm #

Ahhhh I am SO jealous! Tulum! Amazing!