February 12th, 2014

PINK_6

Pink Coat.

PINK_6

I do not need any more coats.  I just don’t.  My coat closet is packed to the brim and I promised myself I would not add any new ones to the mix.  But then I saw this one at Zara.  I resisted it for a solid month before taking the plunge.  My theory is that if you keep thinking about something for months after you first see it, then you need it.  You just do.  {Okay, you definitely don’t need it, but you will probably end up wearing it a lot.}

Hope you guys are having a great week!  I’m a little beat from work + gym + fashion week… but the good news is that we’re halfway there!  PS – I got a lot of questions on insta about these jeans – they are the best!  They are new from James – I love the moto detailing

Shop the Post:  Nordstrom Beanie {I’m obsessed with this one because of the nice slouchy shape!} // Zara Coat // Otte Cashmere Sweater {old but this similar – and more affordable, too!} // gifted James Jeans // Old Navy Boots // Gucci Purse // NARS Lip Pencil in Red Square

And because there are so many good ones right now… More pink coats!

PINK_2

PINK_5

PINK_4

PINK_1

PINK_3

photography by Lydia Hudgens

33 Responses to Pink Coat.

1. Jessica Rose February 12, 2014 at 6:09 am #

Your pink coat is so pretty and looks really good against the red bag. ;)

2. kimberly February 12, 2014 at 7:07 am #

I have been eyeing this coat for a while now too – after seeing it on you, I might just have to get it!

3. The Slow Pace February 12, 2014 at 7:35 am #

That coat is so pretty! I love coats too :)
    xx,
    E.

4. Kate February 12, 2014 at 7:51 am #

You look so cute in pink! I love this coat, and totally agree with the idea that if you find yourself thinking about something for weeks/months after you first see it, it’s pretty much meant to be in your closet. Totally get you! ;) Love it paired with the gray denim, too! Super cute.

5. jillian February 12, 2014 at 8:08 am #

LOVE this coat! it was totally worth adding another one to your collection :) xo

6. strollingthecityinheels February 12, 2014 at 8:19 am #

Love love love pink and red together!
    Beautiful.
    xo Emma

7. Saša Rakovec February 12, 2014 at 8:51 am #

It’s so cute!! You look lovely!

8. Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl February 12, 2014 at 8:52 am #

I understand how it was hard to resist this coat…it’s perfection!

xoxo
    Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

9. Gaby February 12, 2014 at 8:56 am #

This whole color palette is so fabulous, love all these colors together!

10. Oh Buoy Boston February 12, 2014 at 8:59 am #

We’ve had our eyes on that coat for a while now, too. Might have to cave in…

-Lindsey & Amanda
    Oh Buoy Boston

11. Sam February 12, 2014 at 9:15 am #

Totally agree that if you can’t stop thinking about something, you should just go for it (within reason). See: my green midi skirt from Monday’s post. Love that pink is becoming a more prominent color. So many ways to wear it!

xo
    Sam

12. Alison February 12, 2014 at 9:19 am #

You and me both! I have a thing for coats but all in all I am ready for warmer weather here in NYC!

13. Drew February 12, 2014 at 9:20 am #

I actually need more coats. I only have a few right now and a trench is next on the list. Love this pink one….so girly chic!

14. Jourdin February 12, 2014 at 9:35 am #

This post is so timely for me. I’ve been trying to resist pink coats this year, but they keep cropping up and tempting me!

15. Belen Baquerizo February 12, 2014 at 9:35 am #

awesome jeans! the color of the coat is great, like cotton candy
    Xo,
    Belen

16. Rebecca {at} Preppy Panache February 12, 2014 at 9:41 am #

I’m obsessed with pink coats and I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect one all season. Now I just might wait until everything goes on Spring sale before scooping one up.

17. Christina Storm February 12, 2014 at 9:57 am #

Love that coat! Looks gorgeous on you!

The Style Storm
    <3, Christina

18. Mary Hayes February 12, 2014 at 10:19 am #

I got a pink coat from J. Crew this January because I couldn’t stop thinking about it, and although at the time I was sure it was a ridiculous purchase I would return – I have worn the absolute crap out of it and I get compliments constantly when I do. Sometimes those unexpected items are more versatile than you think! It looks adorable on you.

19. Danie Nordahl February 12, 2014 at 10:36 am #

Coats are my weakness too! I think it just makes an outfit. I need a pink one to add to my collection too, yours is so pretty!

xo,
    Danie

DanieNordahl.com

20. Ashley February 12, 2014 at 11:17 am #

I have coat envy. xx

21. abuthray February 12, 2014 at 1:36 pm #

I have been seriously crushing on all of the pink coats this winter!

22. fashionsbit February 12, 2014 at 3:56 pm #

It is very cool pink coat and it looks nice on you!
    Instagram: @fashionsbit // New outfitpost on http://fashionsbit.blogspot.com.tr

23. Lauren February 12, 2014 at 4:14 pm #

coats are an addiction and zara is very good at them!

24. Lindsey February 12, 2014 at 6:13 pm #

Love the details on those jeans!

25. Jordan {Queen of LA} February 12, 2014 at 6:36 pm #

im actually fainting of jealousy over that pink coat. i need it to cool down a bit in la – its 80 degrees here!

26. Jackie @ Something About That February 12, 2014 at 10:59 pm #

That coat is fabulous! Honestly, I don’t think I would have waited a full month before picking it up. If I have an item like that on my mind…I literally NEED to go back the next week. Maybe I’m just crazy though!

xo Jackie
    Something About That

27. Samantha [ little green ] February 13, 2014 at 9:21 am #

Totally agree with your method of seeing, waiting and then buying. I do exactly the same :) xx

28. Kirby Todd February 13, 2014 at 9:56 am #

With the weather you’ve been having back there you deserve another coast, and a pink one at that! xx

29. Julia / Lemon Stripes February 13, 2014 at 1:31 pm #

I love it! You made the right decision :) I have my eye on a powder blue one right now…

30. agingfashionably February 17, 2014 at 2:31 pm #

I laughed because I have the same problem. I collect coats and sweaters, and I live in Los Angeles! So unnecessary, but so addictive.

1. How They Wore It: The Instagram Edition | James Jeans Blog - February 19, 2014

[…] Left: Punch up a grey winter day with flirty pink hues a la Grace Atwood of Stripes & Sequins. She added an edgy twist to the girly palette by pairing her gorgeous bouclé coat with Moto in […]

2. Lulu & Georgia - March 19, 2014

[…] one / two / three / four  Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and we can’t help but feel the love for all these adorable looks! The top two are perfect for a romantic picnic (if you live in California, like us!) or a lunch date. The bottom two outfits would be a fitting choice for a date night out. What are you planning to wear for Valentine’s Day?! No comments: Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook […]

3. Lulu & Georgia - September 9, 2014

[…] one / two / three / four  Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and we can’t help but feel the love for all these adorable looks! The top two are perfect for a romantic picnic (if you live in California, like us!) or a lunch date. The bottom two outfits would be a fitting choice for a date night out. What are you planning to wear for Valentine’s Day?! Email This Share to Google+ Share to Twitter Share to Facebook No comments: […]