January 18th, 2014

howto

Weekend Reading

howto

When I stumbled upon the above image on Pinterest, I knew it had to go into this week’s links round-up.  This was one of those weeks where it was incredibly difficult to get out of of bed.  I’ve been battling a cold and a stomach bug — not the most fun combination.  I’m starting to feel a little better and looking forward to a pretty low key weekend.  I’m excited about my first one on one Pilates Reformer class (at David Barton) today, playing with my new juicer, seeing friends tonight, getting my hair done (going blonde-r!), and getting a bunch of work done.  I don’t know if I mentioned it here yet, but I’m leaving for Northern Ireland on Wednesday, so I need to get organized before my trip.  So excited for that.

After all that talk about body image over here, I loved this post from Felicia.  A must read.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who is obsessed with her eyebrows… loved this post by Victoria!

Seriously love this DIY necklace project… love.

J.Crew is having a big sale.  Use code FUNSALE for an extra 40% off all sale merchandise.  A little tip – extra 40% off sale is when I love to stock up pieces from their pricier Collection line..  like the gorgeous/infamous Etta Pumps in leopard or this amazing embellished dress.  I ended up going with this cashmere v-neck in acorn – it’s the perfect neutral.  I will wear it with white jeans and boots now, and with a floaty mini in the Spring.

My sister was on Domaine Home this week (here)… so cool!

This look (on Helena) was one of my favorites from the week.  The coat, the jeans, the heels… perfect.

This parody of Royals made me laugh (for those of you who are in your thirties too, you’ll laugh as well!)

I love, love, love these sandals.  So perfect for Spring, and Dolce Vita is always comfortable + affordable.

This video made me crack up:  what it would look like if girls + guys switched roles at the gym.

Also on the sale front, I purchased the 50/50 boots at Molly & Sally‘s recommendation.  I went with the tan nubuck.  I had wanted a pair for ages, but the fact that they were on sale sealed the deal.  (They never go on sale!)  They were still a pretty big splurge, but honestly, they are the most comfortable boots ever – and so flattering/cute on.  In absolute love.  I wish the black pair would go on sale too!

I probably pinned every single image in this post — fantastic winter dressing inspiration.

This bracelet DIY project is just so good.

image

12 Responses to Weekend Reading

1. felicia sullivan January 18, 2014 at 6:26 am #

Thanks, Grace! I was wholly inspired by your piece, and I’m excited to see everyone I know focused on fitness and strength instead of a pant size. Warmly, Felicia

2. wockyjabber January 18, 2014 at 8:30 am #

I just wanted to let you know how much I look forward to this post from you every week. You always find great things to share. I know it takes time to compile, so thank you. And I love your regular posts too. :)

I too hit up the 40% off sale at J. Crew. Best thing ever! Happy weekend to you!

3. Rachelle January 18, 2014 at 10:23 am #

Thanks for mentioning the leopard Etta pumps, I refused to pay $350 dollars for them.

4. Jackie {York Avenue} January 18, 2014 at 12:14 pm #

Hah, that gym parody was hilarious. Made me crack up. So awesome that you got the 50/50 boots! I’m in love with the black leather pair too, if only they would go on sale! Have a great weekend.

5. Andrea January 18, 2014 at 1:28 pm #

oooh ireland!! i’m so jealous. take me with you?? ;)
    xo Andrea

6. fionarwbl January 18, 2014 at 3:15 pm #

Have been lurking for a while, but had to come out because I am so excited you are going to Northern Ireland. I am from Belfast but moved to NYC about five years ago, so get very excited about anyone going to NI. Not that many people go there! Am sure you will have an amazing time visiting the gorgeous coastline and the cozy bars and eating amazing fresh food from the market. Please let me know if you want any tips of places to go! Love your writing and style – you are definitely a daily read :)

Grace Atwood January 18, 2014 at 4:07 pm #

aw, thanks for commenting!!! so, so excited to head up there. it is such a special place. this is my fourth time going, one of my really close friends and her family live there, so i go to see her. we’re doing a day trip to belfast – which i’ve never seen and am so excited about. thanks again for the note!

7. fashionsbit January 18, 2014 at 5:30 pm #

Amazing post! I am curiıs about Ireland, hope u can share a post about it later…

8. ghazalehk January 18, 2014 at 5:56 pm #

Another amazing find at the J.Crew sale: the Martina leopard calf hair wedges. Down from $350 (what I paid – sigh) – to $150… comfortable and go with pretty much everything!

9. Danielle January 19, 2014 at 8:13 pm #

I have the same juicer. Absolutely love it! Also love the winter outfit inspiration. Too bad its 80 in LA. :(

10. Meghan January 20, 2014 at 10:43 am #

You’re such a gem to include me – thank you, G! happy long weekend!!

11. carlyjcais January 22, 2014 at 10:22 pm #

Thank you so much for including my Free People Wrapped Quartz Bangle DIY! I soooo appreciate the shoutout! :-)
    xo