December 13th, 2013

Best-Red-Lipsticks-1

The Best Red Lipsticks.

Best-Red-Lipsticks-1

You might have noticed that I’m on a pretty big red lipstick kick over here.  Today I thought it would be fun to share my absolute favorites with you.

1.  NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Red Square is one of my all time favorites.  I rarely use beauty products until the end and I’ve bought this three times now, which says a lot.  It’s a great classic red and wears very well.  Sometimes I wear it under gloss or use it as a liner… this is my MVP.

2.  NARS Lipstick in Heat Wave is what I wear when I’m feeling saucy.  I’ve been wearing it for years now but only recently started applying it straight from the tube.   NARS makes such amazing lipsticks… the pigments are the best and they stay on forever.  I liken this to Prozac.  Put some on and you’ll feel happier… I promise.

3.  Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick in Red Door Red took me by surprise.  A sample of it landed on my desk and I put it on, only to become addicted.  It’s a great classic, tomato red and stays on for a long time.  I also love the gold packaging – feels sophisticated and elegant.

4.  Stila Color Balm Lipstick in Valentina is the perfect glossy orange/red.  I love how hydrating + creamy it is, and it smells really incredible (kind of like a creamsicle) too.  Every time I wear this I get asked about it.

Best-Red-Lipsticks-2

9 Responses to The Best Red Lipsticks.

1. The Preppy Leopard December 13, 2013 at 2:45 pm #

Obviously, I love this post! I do have a hard time spending more than $15 on a red lipstick though–mostly because I have so many different kinds…

Some of my favorites (that are floating around in my purse right now): MAC Ruby Woo, MAC Russian Red, Rimmel’s Kate 001, L’oreal’s Color Riche in Penelope’s Red, Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in Top Tomato (this one lasts for hours without drying out!)

2. Becca December 13, 2013 at 2:49 pm #

I just ordered valentina and you had given me the Nars stick one a long time ago and I use it a lot.

3. Androbel (@AndrobelBoutiq) December 13, 2013 at 3:07 pm #

Red lipstick is such a classic. I love it. I have this MAC lip balm that is the perfect shade for me but it doesn’t come in a lipstick form so I have to apply it with my fingers and it gets really sticky… I have been trying to find one similar. I’ll try nars and stila.
    Thank you!
    Xo,
    Belen
    http://www.androbelinsider.blogspot.com new post! :)

4. Sarah December 13, 2013 at 3:16 pm #

I’m still on the hunt for my perfect red. I have Nars Heat Wave and Mac Ruby Woo, and LOVE the colors but find them both to be almost too matte, and very drying. I’m definitely going to try out this pencil though- thanks for the tip!! x

5. Emma Finlayson December 13, 2013 at 5:41 pm #

I have the first three in my red lip arsenal and I completely agree. They are AMAZING!
    xo Emma

6. Amber Hunter December 13, 2013 at 6:15 pm #

I’ve heard such great things about the NARS Velvet Matte lip colors! I know Vivianna from Vivianna Does Makeup loves them and I’d love to try one out. One of my favorites is MAC Russian Red.
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

7. Mary December 13, 2013 at 10:44 pm #

How have you applied Heat Wave in the past? With a lip brush?

Grace Atwood December 14, 2013 at 11:06 am #

Wit my fingers, haha :) it makes for a more subtle wash of color vs. being more pigmented.

8. jernnifer March 10, 2014 at 10:26 am #

Bobbi Brown Heart is a great red, bright and uplifting its a game changer. I love the Nars Red Square too. And my old go to was Chanel attitude (deep red) or Sexy(pinky red).