October 16th, 2013

teddy coat 1

Wanted: The Teddy Coat

teddy coat 1

You guys.  I have been driving myself positively crazy trying to find a “Teddy Coat” for winter.  And I am at a point where I’m just mad… because I can’t find the one I want anywhere.

There is the gorgeous ACNE version (in the top + bottom photos) from last year.  And then there are this one and this one… both of which are stunning, but way out of my price range.  I ordered this loopy version from ASOS but need to send it back (the sleeves are just so boxy that I look like a linebacker.)  This Zara version is pretty great, except it isn’t the right color (I really want a camel/beige one.)  And this guy from TopShop is cute, but again – not the right color.  Am I out of my mind crazy to think I can find something like this for under $200/$300?

teddy coat 2 Street-Style-Paris-Fashion-Week-Fall-2013

1 // 2 // 3

20 Responses to Wanted: The Teddy Coat

1. Emily Lunstroth October 16, 2013 at 2:30 pm #

haha just did a post on this coat last week, that I didnt quite understand it but am drawn to it! There is one at H&M for like nothing that I think has a great color!

2. cheapchictraveler October 16, 2013 at 2:49 pm #

Anthropologie has a great one for a great price!

Alana

Grace Atwood October 16, 2013 at 3:38 pm #

YES! Love it.

3. Chelsea October 16, 2013 at 3:41 pm #

These coats look so cuddly!

xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

4. Alecia October 16, 2013 at 3:45 pm #

Yeah that anthro one looks like a good option! holy cow this coat looks super comfy – it seriously is like wearing a teddy bear.

5. Isabel Geraldes October 16, 2013 at 4:55 pm #

Love it! Perfect for winter!

6. topknotsandpolkadots October 16, 2013 at 5:02 pm #

That looks SO cozy! I wish it would get cold enough for that in Charleston!
    xx Chloe

7. Lauren M October 16, 2013 at 5:50 pm #

What a perfect cuddle coat. I would stay in that all day!
    Xx
    Lauren M.

8. Avery October 16, 2013 at 6:17 pm #

Here’s one from Free People:

9. Cy October 16, 2013 at 9:20 pm #

Super easy pattern. You might be able to have one made up for you cheaper. Any friends that sew?

10. Cathleen October 16, 2013 at 10:21 pm #

Those prices are outrageous. I think you could find a much cheaper, more reasonable version that isn’t at such a sinful price! I agree that maybe you could have one made. I like more fitted coats and jackets. Not many people could pull off this look. That Anthropologie one looks good. I have something similar to that one from Esprit from years ago.

11. tk October 17, 2013 at 12:05 am #

Grace! This one is more boxy like the Acne version, plus i am loving the black zips.

12. Bee October 17, 2013 at 9:57 am #

Love that Teddy coat!! Any Sherpa oversized wrap is scrumptious at this time of year! Can’t wait to see your Zara coat styled up!! PS – really like your new site design too

13. Jak November 29, 2013 at 9:42 am #

I`m obsessed by the one from Acne, but I just purchased this http://www.frontrowshop.com/product/faux-shearling-coat-in-longline-and-texture

1. Teddy Coat. | Stripes & Sequins - November 14, 2013

[…] anyway, the clothes.  You might remember from here that I really wanted a “Teddy” Coat – I ended up buying this one.  So comfy and […]

2. THE PERFECT WINTER COVER-UP | Cash & Rocket - December 12, 2013

[…] Photos: Mija Mija // Thefashionguitar // Victoria Tornegren // Stripes & Sequins […]

3. The Perfect Winter Cover-Up | Cash & Rocket - December 16, 2013

[…] Photos: Mija Mija  //  Thefashionguitar  //  Victoria Tornegren  //  Stripes & Sequins […]