April 2nd, 2013

bedtimebeauty

Bedtime Beauty

bedtimebeautyI’ve had to become a realist when it comes to my before bed skin rituals.  I used to be a saint.  I’d wash with my Clarisonic, tone, apply serum, and then a night cream.  But lately, I have to be honest… I just can’t be bothered.  I still do my fancy routine a few nights a week, but most of the time I rely on gentle cleansing wipes and a good night cream… here are a few recent favorites.

Clockwise from top left:  Stila “Ready for Takeoff” Wipes (current fave) // Dr. Jart Firming Sleeping Mask // Neal’s Yard Remedies Beauty Sleep Concentrate (a recent obsession.. has the most amazing herbal smell, which also helps me relax) // Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair for Eyes (miracle worker) // Simple Kind to Skin Wipes (super gentle and a great price) // Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Concentrate and Face Concentrate // Ole Henrickson “Truth to Go” Wipes (smell amazing)

What’s your bedtime skin routine?

18 Responses to Bedtime Beauty

1. Alexis April 2, 2013 at 2:05 pm #

The Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Face Concentrate has been a winter lifesaver. It also works wonders on dry cuticles!

2. Lia ~ Smart n Snazzy April 2, 2013 at 2:35 pm #

I’m with you, I get far too lazy and rely on cleansing wipes. I need to find a good night cream though, thanks for the awesome recomendations!
    xo
    Lia
    Smart n Snazzy

3. Emma Finlayson April 2, 2013 at 2:38 pm #

Eye make up off with Clinique remover, wash face with Dermalogica cleanser, Skinceuticals serum, Clinique eye roller topped off with Dermalogica intensive moisturizer.

4. Ashley April 2, 2013 at 2:53 pm #

How many different wipes do you need, girl?! I want to try Dr Jart’s anything but I just can’t condone the price :\ (Same with that Kiehl’s concentrate..)
    My routine is pretty basic: Simple wipes to remove makeup, Neutrogena exfoliating OR cream deep clean face wash, Origins spot remover gel on any breakouts, and then Burt’s Bees night cream :)

xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

Grace Atwood April 2, 2013 at 3:20 pm #

ha – only one… but I wanted to share my favorites! I’m currently using the Stila ones and really like them.

5. Sharona April 2, 2013 at 3:05 pm #

The Kiehl’s midnight recovery concentrate is a true miracle worker, my skin has never looked better!

I also like to use Benefit’s moisture prep toning lotion after washing my face/before using the midnight recovery concentrate — it’s a great product for glowing skin!

6. Alyssa April 2, 2013 at 3:59 pm #

I try not to sleep with too much stuff on my face overnight, because I find I break out if I do! However, I’ve been dying to try that Kiehl’s product. I’ve heard awesome things!

7. Rachel April 2, 2013 at 4:01 pm #

Love SImple Skincare products- I got some for free last year and have been hooked ever since!

8. Laura April 2, 2013 at 5:02 pm #

I love reading about people’s routines! I personally like farmaesthetics for their cleanser and toner. I’ve yet to find a good night cream-I tried Clinique and it made me break out! I use Neutrogena right now but I don’t love it, it has a strong smell I don’t love. I might have to check out your suggestions…

9. Brei April 2, 2013 at 5:09 pm #

Love the Estee Lauder serum. It really does wonders.

10. meghan April 2, 2013 at 5:59 pm #

i am such a bedtime routine girl! my favs are cleansing with a Clarisonic and then applying the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair face serum, Lancome eye cream and a good lip balm.

11. elle April 2, 2013 at 6:45 pm #

I’m with ya on the wipes – I’m just too lazy for a real face wash some nights! I just use olay ones + ole henrickson toner + boscia tsubaki oil most nights! Really interested in that beauty sleep concentrate though – I love anything with really herbal scents!

12. lexi April 2, 2013 at 7:47 pm #

Thank goodness for cleansing wipes! #lazygirlproblems

13. Erica April 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm #

Cleansing wipes are my savior! I to do the long night skincare routine maybe twice a week, but the other nights I just use cleansing wipes that I keep handy on my nightstand or the korres cleansing lotion that you don’t need water for! At least it’s a sure fire way I’ll cleanse my face before bed as opposed to sleeping with makeup on.

14. Kodi April 2, 2013 at 11:08 pm #

Okay, now I must know — what’s better, the Kiehl’s products above, or the Clarins Double Serum you posted about last week?!

15. ALISON April 3, 2013 at 9:21 am #

I layer the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery both morning and night – it really has perfected my skintone. Love!

16. Crystal April 3, 2013 at 12:11 pm #

If you’re looking to find NYR Organic Beauty Sleep Concentrate let me know! http://www.us.nyrorganic.com/shop/crystalrobinson This product won the 2012 Beauty Insider’s Choic Award!!

17. Lauren April 3, 2013 at 1:39 pm #

ditto— I used to be good about using the clarisonic every day but now I just get lazy and use face wipes and a face cream at night, like you!