March 28th, 2013

IMG_5877

Beauty Must: Clarins Double Serum

IMG_5877

I am more than just a little obsessed with Clarins’ New Double Serum.  Having spent eight years (!!) working in the beauty industry, I’m always skeptical by all of the “scientific claims” so many brands make… but this one is a winner.

The serum contains 20 pure plant extracts and is meant to actually reactivate the five vital functions (hydration, nutrition, oxygenation, protection, and regeneration) that skin’s youth + beauty depend upon.  It has two chambers – one containing a  hydric (water-soluble) formula, and one containing an lipidic (oil soluble) formula.  The dual chambers ensure stability + potency of each forumla by ensuring that they only mix at application.

All of the above was taken from the press release.  What you need to know is that this serum leaves my skin refreshed, smooth, SUPER hydrated – same as when I use a face oil, and younger.  The anti-aging capabilities haven’t quite set in… but the smooth/glow factor are helping a lot.  It is making my skin so much better than it was before, and that is making my life right now.

Disclosure:  An editorial sample was provided for consideration.  I probably try over thirty new products every month, and only feature the best ones here.

18 Responses to Beauty Must: Clarins Double Serum

1. Hes March 28, 2013 at 3:08 pm #

I’ve heard so many good things about this from the most diverse group of people. It’s definitely on my “to try” list. Thanks!

2. Kristin March 28, 2013 at 3:56 pm #

And sold!

3. Chelsea March 28, 2013 at 4:16 pm #

I am looking for something moisturizing that ups my face game and have been wanting to ditch my lotion for a serum. I will put this on the list. xo

4. lorena March 28, 2013 at 4:19 pm #

I like this product’s smell, but my question for you is: is it worthy $80. So you recommend it.

5. Elizabeth // The Now March 28, 2013 at 6:29 pm #

I had NO idea you worked in the beauty industry for so long!! You are now my beauty guru… anything you say I should buy, I’m going to. hahaha..Seriously though, I am persuaded so easily when I hear good reviews on something! xoxo

6. Kodi March 28, 2013 at 8:44 pm #

I’ve been looking into a general serum/moisturizer for my face that has anti-aging properties…I’m in my twenties and want better anti-aging advice than “just wear sunscreen”! I”ll definitely have to look into this one!
    grey et al

• Lams May 1, 2013 at 8:10 am #

Hi Kodi, I’ve read a lot about such topics and what I’ve gathered from the good sites is that young skin (20’s) should not get itself used to anti ageing products. Our bodies (skin too), have an amazing way of adapting and keep needing stronger things. So take care of it in every way but I don’t advise using anti ageing products till some time in your 30’s.

7. Monique March 28, 2013 at 9:43 pm #

I never tonight to pick this one up. But I may have to give it a test run. My dry skin needs a pick me up after this super long winter.

8. Michelle March 28, 2013 at 10:19 pm #

I love hearing everyones opinions on products, thank you!

xx Michelle

Fierce & Fashionable

9. tobe | because it's awesome March 30, 2013 at 10:20 am #

My cousin works for Clarins and has me totally convinced to make the (gulp – rather pricey) switch once I’m out of my old goods. Excited to try this!

10. Meghan April 1, 2013 at 10:46 pm #

absolutely love clarins products. the beauty flash eye revive is my favorite. it literally makes puffy eyelids vanish!

11. md April 5, 2013 at 12:58 am #

how would you compare this to sunday riley’s good genes? which would you recommend the most?

Grace Atwood April 5, 2013 at 10:04 am #

It’s actually very different from Good Genes… it’s more of a lipid serum than a lotion, which is how I see the Good Genes. Also, I believe Good Genes has an AHA in it, whereas this does not. So my skin will tingle when I put it on, whereas it doesn’t tingle when I apply the serum. Also this serum feels more like an oil than a traditional serum. Sorry to ramble, lots of thoughts here! ;)

12. Leanna April 29, 2013 at 10:39 pm #

Hi grace! Have been considering buying this for some time, but I’m only 22 years old and am unsure if its totally necessary! Did you see a lot of other pros besides anti aging?

Grace Atwood April 30, 2013 at 9:49 am #

Hi Leanna, Lucky duck – you probably don’t need this one just yet… it’s an amazing product but probably not necessary just yet. What you need is a great sunscreen! :)

13. Lams May 1, 2013 at 8:12 am #

I got convinced in to buying this product. So far I don’t regret it at all. I have sensitive skin which did react a bit after a few days. I gave it a break and started again. I agree that my skin looks freshness. Too soon to know if it’s anti ageing or not!

14. Florinda May 30, 2013 at 6:58 pm #

Hi Grace! I’ve been researching for a replacement for my skincare products– prevage anti-aging eye and face serum by Elizabeth Arden. It is way too expensive for my budget esp. when I need to buy both eye/face serum + moisturizer. Do you recommend clarins as a best replacement? I’m not even quite sure if Prevage really do what its supposed to do (if its made any diff. to my skin) since I haven’t really been paying attention to the before and after results.

Grace Atwood May 31, 2013 at 3:22 pm #

Hi there! I’ve never tried Prevage, so I don’t know if Clarins is the proper replacement… all I can say is that it is one of the best products I’ve tried. What are you looking for in a serum?