January 15th, 2013

GLITTERSHOES_7

Outfit: Manifesto

GLITTERSHOES_7Manifesto T-Shirt // Shabby Apple Tulle Skirt

Kate Spade Heels (or try this inexpensive pair)

My friend Meg is launching a line of tees and I was so honored when she asked me to be a part of the lookbook!  The shirt is awesome… so soft and comfy… and I love the gold writing.  I wanted to dress it up a bit so I paired it with this fun tulle skirt.  (A note about the skirt…  I really, really wanted the Anthropologie version but wasn’t going to spend nearly $200 on a tulle skirt that I’ll probably only wear a few times.  After a comprehensive  search of the Internets, I settled on this one from of all places… Shabby Apple.  Their store is usually not really my thing, but I love my new skirt.  Who would have thought?)

I’m so proud of Meg… now go check out her shirts!

GLITTERSHOES_2

GLITTERSHOES_6

GLITTERSHOES_4

GLITTERSHOES_1

GLITTERSHOES_3

GLITTERSHOES_5

photos by Lydia Hudgens

56 Responses to Outfit: Manifesto

1. Chelsea January 15, 2013 at 9:35 am #

There are few things in the world that I love more than a good tutu or tulle skirt. I have a hugely fluffy one from ASOS, and I might have to look into Shabby Apple now. The t is very cute. Wonderful outfit! xo

2. Jess // Curating Style January 15, 2013 at 9:40 am #

I saw the thumbnail in my Google Reader – *knew* I’d love this outfit! It’s the perfect combination of casual and feminine, and I feel like a tulle skirt would be a fun addition.

3. Liz Schneider January 15, 2013 at 9:44 am #

Such a perfect combo! LOVE.

4. Alyssa January 15, 2013 at 9:46 am #

I love the way you styled the t-shirt–this tulle skirt is perfection on you! Very Carrie Bradshaw, I must say!

5. megB January 15, 2013 at 10:05 am #

Grace! You are just… TOO fabulous! I knew this would be a stellar post as soon as I saw the preview image on Bloglovin’ ;)

6. Meg Biram January 15, 2013 at 10:33 am #

So cute! Thanks again for being a part of it!!!
    xx

7. viv January 15, 2013 at 10:48 am #

Beyond gorgeous!

8. Noemi January 15, 2013 at 11:03 am #

The skirt is absolutely lovely, I would like to have something like that. And the shoes are lovely. weren’t you cold to take these photos?

9. JEN RAMOS January 15, 2013 at 11:16 am #

saw yours…looked great!

Madebygirl.blogspot.com
    MadeByGirl.com

10. Julie Leah January 15, 2013 at 11:23 am #

I’m about to have a fit over here!!! That skirt/tee combo could not be more perfect on you, G!

xoxo

11. Rachel January 15, 2013 at 11:36 am #

So cute! Shabby Apple has some cute stuff (I have a gift card giveaway coming up this weekend for their site!) and this skirt is no exception!

12. Emily January 15, 2013 at 11:54 am #

Obsessed! This is totally my kind of look, love it on you!

13. Lali January 15, 2013 at 12:15 pm #

That is so beautiful!!

14. Sarah January 15, 2013 at 12:19 pm #

You look like a princess! I’ve been eyeing that skirt online at anthropologie too, but like you said, it’s not the most practical piece in the world :)

15. Sara B January 15, 2013 at 12:43 pm #

love love love! i need a tulle skirt like that! i have been wanting one for so long. love how you styled this look!

16. Mady January 15, 2013 at 1:15 pm #

love love the skirt! the shoes are cute too…

xoxo
    Mady

thegirlfromthemirror.blogspot.com

17. Bettina January 15, 2013 at 1:17 pm #

This skirt and those shoes are a match made in princess heaven! And kudos to you because I’m sure it must’ve been pretty cold when you took these pictures :) but you look like you’re posing in hawaii!

18. Samira January 15, 2013 at 1:33 pm #

oh my! I love this skirt!!!!!

19. Elizabeth // The Now January 15, 2013 at 1:52 pm #

Carrie Bradshaw, is that you!?!? You look adorable. Love the T shirt, Tutu, Sparkly shoes combo, Grace!!!!! xoox

20. alyson January 15, 2013 at 2:17 pm #

so gorgeous (though you must be freezing, right?!). all for fashion. :) love the tee/skirt combo… amazing.

21. Chloe Moon January 15, 2013 at 2:52 pm #

I’ve been seeing this lady everywhere!!! I love her word a month t-shirts! Her handwriting is beautiful and “evolve” is such a powerful word! This photoshoot reminds me a little bit of Carrie Bradshaw in the newest Sex and the city movie with her tulle skirt! =)

22. Boyana January 15, 2013 at 3:12 pm #

You look stunning!

23. Sarah January 15, 2013 at 5:23 pm #

Love this combo, Grace! I feel like you’re a real-life version of one of my recent pins =) Also, I must say, your hair is truly gorgeous. Waiting for mine to grow is not my favorite

24. Judy January 15, 2013 at 6:26 pm #

Such a beautiful skirt. You look lovely.

25. nancy @ adore to adorn January 15, 2013 at 6:35 pm #

What a great lookalike skirt you found. I don’t personally shop at Shabby Apple but it’s amazing what you can find at places you least expect! Congrats to Meg for her cool shirt launch! =)
    xo,
    nancy

26. Kristina January 15, 2013 at 7:00 pm #

I love the mix of the tulle and casual tee, very cute.

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

27. Amy January 15, 2013 at 7:15 pm #

That is such a beautiful skirt! And I love that tee, going to check those out now!
    xoxo,
    Amy

28. Bea January 15, 2013 at 7:38 pm #

Love, love, love this look! The skirt is really adorable. Makes me think of Spring.

29. Smash January 15, 2013 at 7:39 pm #

Such a cute way to dress it up Grace. So excited to check out Meg’s shirts! xo

30. Chelsea January 15, 2013 at 8:45 pm #

There isn’t one thing about this outfit that I don’t love! Congrats to your friend and you are strengthening my case for purchasing those gorgeous shoes from Kate Spade!

Chelsea
    Haute Child in the City

31. Punctuation Mark January 15, 2013 at 11:11 pm #

Very very cute look!

32. Emily January 16, 2013 at 12:24 am #

You look so cute! Very Carrie Bradshaw of you :)
    Isn’t That Charming.

33. bigapple-girl January 16, 2013 at 10:44 am #

you look so cute. it`s carrie bradshaw and so sex and the city like <3
    xoxo

34. Caisa January 16, 2013 at 12:10 pm #

Such a cute little outfit :) very Carrie Bradshaw-esque!

35. Preciously Me January 16, 2013 at 12:39 pm #

Wow, beautiful!
    And I’m in love with this tulle skirt ♥

36. Niki January 16, 2013 at 1:45 pm #

I love the tee! I will definitely check out her shop! And I love that you paired it with the tulle skirt – I am a sucker for an unexpected pairing like this!

37. Lauren (L.A. in the bay) January 16, 2013 at 2:27 pm #

I am so in love with this tee!!! Everyone in the lookbook styled it so amazingly. I love this look you put together. Such a fun outfit!! Love the touch of pink lipstick :)

38. Amy January 16, 2013 at 3:12 pm #

That skirt is incredible, it looks amazing on you!!

39. Annie January 16, 2013 at 3:25 pm #

thanks for your comment dear :) this looks is really lovely by the way. I really like the mix of the girlie skirt and that t-.shirt

X, Annie

40. Adiel January 17, 2013 at 2:21 am #

Wow, I like the premise for her line and, of course, the tee! Very cool!

41. Niki January 17, 2013 at 11:50 am #

Very cute<3 I just saw an article about the iconic style of Carrie Bradshaw and of course, the tulle skirt outfit from the Sex and the City intro was mentioned! I love the casual element you added with the t-shirt :)

42. Sarah {Raving Fashionista} January 17, 2013 at 10:32 pm #

LOVE this look! You look absolutely adorably fantastic!! xo

43. Lynda (LyndaontheHudson) January 21, 2013 at 3:09 pm #

I love this look! First saw your picture on Elembee.com and I had to find out where you got that skirt! I love that and paired so effortlessly with the tee…just so chic! Big Fan!

44. Shabby Apple January 22, 2013 at 9:36 am #

You look fantastic! We love seeing the amazing ways our customers style our clothes. Definitely a win!

45. xiudian May 3, 2013 at 3:43 am #

Beautiful white skirt

1. DIY: Anthropologie inspired Tulle Tendril Bib | Stripes & Sequins - January 16, 2013

[...] Bib.  The piece is stunning, but also very expensive.  (And if you couldn’t tell from yesterday’s post, I’m having a major moment with tulle right now.)  Always up for a challenge, I gave the [...]

2. Weekend Reading | Stripes & Sequins - January 19, 2013

[...] case you missed them, two tulle posts!  my manifesto lookbook shoot and an anthropologie inspired [...]

3. Crushing On : Elembee - January 21, 2013

[...] Left: Stripes & Sequins // Bottom right: The Everygirl [...]

4. Get Graphic | Le Petite Pear - February 27, 2013

[...] PJK on her own collection, and Meg Biram’s inspirational line has been making it’s way around the blogosphere. A tee is inherently casual, especially with a print, but there are definitely ways [...]

5. Weekly Wrap Up #19 | The Barn - March 16, 2013

[...] I want a tulle skirt. Why? Exhibit A. Exhibit B. [...]

6. The Dreamy Skirt | lace and tulle - April 10, 2013

[...] I always have a look that inspires me or just makes me smile on a daily basis. It’s a thing I have that I go through photos either on my magazines but more likely Pinterest where I find the most gorgeous looks. And they don’t always have to be outfit looks just any photo that brightens my day and brings a smile to my face! Happy Thursday! (photo via Stripes and Sequins) [...]

7. Tropical Flowers: Phalaenopsis Orchids - Bajan Wed - May 2, 2013

[...] Karen Tran Florals (Brandon Kidd Photography), Oncewed (Jose Villa Photography), Stripes and Sequins (Lydia Hudgens Photography), Colin Cowie Weddings (Colin Miller Photography), A Paper Proposal, [...]

8. Manifesto’s Launch: Evolve - May 24, 2013

[...] Grace: Caitlin: Jessie: Victoria: [...]

9. Wearing graphic tees with skirts | Mya's Musings - June 7, 2013

[...] You can even wear it with tulle skirts! 1  //  2  //  3 [...]

10. Glitzernder Charme in Silber und Gold | Pinspiration - November 6, 2013

[…] Silberne Sparkling Charm Inspirationen: Santi Sequin Frame Clutch/ ila handbag, Photo/ Kate Spade Charm Heel, Photo. […]

11. Get Graphic | La Petite Pear - December 19, 2013

[…] PJK on her own collection, and Meg Biram’s inspirational line has been making it’s way around the blogosphere. A tee is inherently casual, especially with a print, but there are definitely ways […]