January 7th, 2013

GRACE_047

Outfit: Caped

GRACE_047Zara Coat (old but I’m obsessed with this) // Theory Dress  // gifted Rebecca Minkoff Pouch

Express Tights (the very best) // Sam Edleman Boots // Lulu Frost Necklace

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Mine was spent (literally) hibernating inside with the boyfriend.  I only left the apartment a couple times (really just to get craft supplies and necessary provisions.)  We were both feeling a little run down, so a weekend in was just the thing.  I tackled a bunch of DIYs, napped, cleaned, and watched a whole lot of old West Wing (anyone else addicted?)

Anyway… I was freezing when we took these photos, outside my favorite coffee shop.  My love of iced coffee runs deep and I refuse to go for the hot stuff, which is just plain silly with the frigid weather we’ve been having.

GRACE_058

GRACE_040

GRACE_081

GRACE_073

GRACE_048

photos by Lydia Hudgens

29 Responses to Outfit: Caped

1. Liz Schneider January 7, 2013 at 8:32 am #

I’ve been searching for a big cozy tweed coat for winter, makes the whole outfit!

2. Nikki Rappaport January 7, 2013 at 8:55 am #

I spent the weekend watching West Wing, cleaning, and hibernating too. Love how effortless and cozy this outfit is!

3. Lauren January 7, 2013 at 9:38 am #

That is too funny because my boyfriend is the exact same way… he won’t ever drink hot coffee {oh, and iced coffee from dunkin donuts is the best in his opinion}. He is from the Cape so I guess that is only fitting :)

Lauren

4. Alyssa January 7, 2013 at 9:39 am #

I wish I had a cape like this! I swear, every one I find makes me look like an oversized mess, but this one totally works. I love it!

5. Julie & Lauren January 7, 2013 at 9:43 am #

Adorable!!! Love the cape and that cute blue clutch. XO

6. viv January 7, 2013 at 9:44 am #

You’re a natural for outfits shots! Totally love the cobalt blue clutch with the blacks and grays.

7. alyson January 7, 2013 at 9:45 am #

This looks so comfortable yet cute. FUnny about the ice coffee: ironically I can’t give up hot coffee, even in the summer. in Florida.

8. Drew @ Catfish & Caviar January 7, 2013 at 9:55 am #

So cute! That clutch pops & that coat is gorgeous!

9. Kristina January 7, 2013 at 10:03 am #

I had a similar hibernation-type weekend with my boyfriend, he was feeling under the weather too. Sometimes the lazy weekends are the best ones ;)

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

10. christin January 7, 2013 at 10:14 am #

express tights are the best.

11. Clara January 7, 2013 at 10:53 am #

You look stunning, Grace! Something about these photos feels so dreamy…. hope you have a good week!

12. Miro - Dose of Dash January 7, 2013 at 11:03 am #

so pretty, Grace! I think this is one of my favorite outfits of yours!

13. Julie Leah January 7, 2013 at 11:30 am #

I’m with Nikki – this outfit looks so easy and snuggly :)

14. Carla January 7, 2013 at 11:37 am #

Haha. I used to do the same, but slowly starting going for the hot coffee during the cold months. Loving that cute dress. – Carla

15. Kristin January 7, 2013 at 11:43 am #

You crack me up lady. I drink my beloved hot cappuccinos in 100 degree weather! Love the necklace!

16. Wore Out January 7, 2013 at 12:05 pm #

This is such a great look and it’s perfect for the weekend you described. I love the texture and shape of your coat, it’s oversized without looking bulky or big.

17. M. (Faded M Style) January 7, 2013 at 1:39 pm #

Your cape coat is stunning! I admire that you’re outside in the cold with your iced coffee! In the pictures you look nice and warm and cozy though! xo
    Best, M.

18. ALISON January 7, 2013 at 2:25 pm #

I love that jacket, it looks super warm and cozy!

19. Rachel January 7, 2013 at 4:25 pm #

First off, your hair is gorgeous (I’m assuming this is your hair naturally). Love the cape on you- I don’t think I could pull it off!

20. Cassie January 7, 2013 at 5:07 pm #

Haha I’m glad I’m not the only one! I don’t ever get hot, even if there is snow on the ground. Excited to see your upcoming DIYs! You look lovely in these.
    xx
    Cassie

21. bestofbklyn January 7, 2013 at 6:36 pm #

I love that coat, and the pop of cobalt is so fun, too!

22. Adiel January 8, 2013 at 2:23 am #

Sometimes a weekend in is just what the doctor ordered! Love the clutch and cape!

23. Ashley January 8, 2013 at 2:49 am #

Love the one from UO that you linked!

xo Ashley
    luckylittlebird.blogspot.com

24. Heidi {Dooley Noted Style} January 8, 2013 at 9:53 am #

The Theory dress doesn’t look the same, does your dress your wearing have pockets? I love the cinched detail on the one your wearing but the link shows a different style – thanks!

Grace Atwood January 8, 2013 at 9:59 am #

Hi Heidi,
      I’m sorry – the dress is actually slightly different. Mine is a couple years old. I’ll let you know if I spy my exact dress anywhere! xo

• Heidi January 8, 2013 at 8:01 pm #

Thanks! Love the one you had, the cinching is do flattering under a bulky sweater.

25. zo January 10, 2013 at 8:32 am #

Love the coat, looks like one othose expensive Isabel Marant jacket.

1. What Is This Customized Rebecca Minkoff Bag We’re Seeing & How Do We Get One? | FFBlogs - May 2, 2013

[…] precisely what happened to me! First I was reading Ring My Bell and then I switched over to Stripes and Sequins and I couldn’t help but obsessed over this gorgeous blue monogrammed clutch they were both […]

2. What Is This Customized Rebecca Minkoff Bag We’re Seeing & How Do We Get One? | Halong Bay Vietnam - May 8, 2013