December 6th, 2012

BLUEVELVET_1

Outfit: Velvet Accents

Vince Leather Jacket (old but same style, great deal, or suede)  // Karl Donoghue Shearling Scarf (on sale)

J.Crew Jeans// Kimchi Blue Boots // Lulu Frost Earrings (on sale) // gited Tignanello Bag

I’d been wanting a pair of velvet boots for quite some time now, but let’s be real… velvet boots are not exactly something you invest in.  They won’t last more than a few seasons (and probably won’t be in style for much longer – if that!)   So I kept my eye out for a less expensive pair and found these guys at Urban Outfitters.  I paired ‘em with my otherwise basic ensemble, fun earrings, and my DIY Velvet Hair Bow from this week.

Bracelets:  Lulu Frost // gifted David Yurman // gifted Wanderlust

15 Responses to Outfit: Velvet Accents

1. Marissa December 6, 2012 at 6:49 am #

Grace, this has to be one of my top favorite outfits of yours! I’m all about the leather + fur layers, and those blue boots are the cherry on top. You look gorgeous + congrats on your new shop!

xoxo

2. Emily December 6, 2012 at 9:03 am #

Very cute! I like velvet – especially during this time of year – For some reason it just seems festive to me. These boots are super cute, and of course they go perfectly with your DIY hair bow! (Which I am totally attempting this weekend, by the way)
    Isn’t That Charming.

3. Denise December 6, 2012 at 11:15 am #

Gorgous!

4. viv December 6, 2012 at 11:33 am #

The boots are fabulous!

5. Julie Leah December 6, 2012 at 11:49 am #

You officially rock some blue suede shoes!! Love this look!

6. Carla December 6, 2012 at 11:52 am #

Oooh! Those boots look so luxurious. Love them. – Carla

7. Drew @ Catfish & Caviar December 6, 2012 at 12:00 pm #

Those velvet boots are fierce! Love them!

8. Elizabeth // The Now December 6, 2012 at 12:05 pm #

Stop right now!! I love the velvet booties!!! Oh and that bow is adorbs. This reminds me…I don’t think I have anything velvet for winter. You’ve inspired me to go shop!! haha thx! xoxo

9. M. (Faded M Style) December 6, 2012 at 1:53 pm #

My eyes went straight to your boots, they are so stunning! I can’t believe how affordable they are! Awesome! xo
    Best, M.

10. Lia ~ Smart n Snazzy December 6, 2012 at 3:40 pm #

LOVE these boots, and they go perfectly with your bow! I’m lusting for that scarf, Grace, every time you wear it I want it more lol!
    xx
    Lia
    Smart n Snazzy

11. Ashley December 6, 2012 at 5:29 pm #

Woah I wasn’t prepared for those boots!

xo Ashley
    luckylittlebird.blogspot.com

12. Berty Morales December 6, 2012 at 5:43 pm #

You look amazing and those boots are just fabulous. Also admiring your earrings!

13. Chelsea December 7, 2012 at 8:29 pm #

Those earrings are simply stunning and I adore the unexpected pop of velvet!

Chelsea
    Haute Child in the City

14. Julie Khuu December 7, 2012 at 10:55 pm #

So chic G! I’m all about the feathers and fluff for winter…cuddling up to myself is seriously what the holidays are all about right ;D LOVE the mix of textures!

Also- I’m hosting a décor-to-dress giveaway where 3 winners will WIN a fabulous frock of their choice just in time for the holidays! Hope you’ll stop by to enter the contest!

xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

15. Lilya December 10, 2012 at 12:43 pm #

I love the general impression of this look,it all goes so perfectly well together,that you don’t really separate the details.You are doing a great job on your blog,thanks for all the advice that you give to your readers and thanks for being an “authentic” blogger.:)