December 10th, 2012

REDBAG_1

Outfit: City Girl

MANGO Leather Jacket (bought in Spain but similar) // Karl Donoghue Shearling Scarf (on sale)

gifted Paige Jeans // 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Satchel

The Ropes Maine Bracelet // gifted Sole Society Booties // gifted Lookmatic Sunglasses

Having grown up on Cape Cod, my friends + family from back home often refer to me as the city girl.  I think they think I spend my evenings sipping fancy cocktails at swanky lounges…  flitting around in all black or pretty cocktail dresses and living that whole cosmoppolitan lifestyle, or whatever that means.  While this does happen every so often, I am actually one of the most boring people I know when it comes down to it.  I’m happiest at home, reading a book, snuggling with my man, or crafting.  A total homebody.  But when I saw these photos, I couldn’t help but think that I actually do look like that supposed city girl.  Maybe it’s time for a night on the town… (and a dirty martini or two.)

P.S.  If you haven’t noticed, this Shearling Scarf has become my new best friend – I wear it everywhere!

Photos by Lydia Hudgens

20 Responses to Outfit: City Girl

1. Lynzy December 10, 2012 at 6:51 am #

I totally thought that scarf was a vest! Looks super cozy! :)

xx L

2. Drew @ Catfish & Caviar December 10, 2012 at 8:46 am #

So chic! That scarf looks so soft!

3. alyson December 10, 2012 at 9:50 am #

Such a great “city girl” look, especially with those pants + comfy boots. Need a fantastic scarf like this.

4. bestofbklyn December 10, 2012 at 10:14 am #

I thought the scarf was a vest, too! What a great piece!

5. Molly December 10, 2012 at 10:41 am #

SCREAMING over this entire outfit… I just ordered a Pashli in nude and now I’m even more excited for it to come in! The red is to die for with all your neutrals. And I may or may not buy that scarf for myself – I like how you wore it open and not tied at the neck.
    xx
    M

P.S. you are really good at posing for your style posts… I need you to give me a lesson!

Grace Atwood December 10, 2012 at 11:49 am #

Ha – you are a riot! I always feel like such a mess/so awkward. Having a good photographer (Lydia) really really helps!!! You are going to love your Pashli… I’m obsessed with mine.

6. Anna @ IHOD December 10, 2012 at 10:55 am #

The bag is killer and love how you paired it with all black and neutrals:)
    Gorgeous!

7. rita December 10, 2012 at 10:58 am #

that bag is just my favorite thing ever!

8. Lia ~ Smart n Snazzy December 10, 2012 at 10:58 am #

I swear, Grace, if you wear that scarf one more time I’m going to be forced to buy it! LOL! You look gorgeous, btw, and I’m so jealous you met and got a pic with Gabriel Mann! :)
    xx
    Lia

9. Christin December 10, 2012 at 11:06 am #

oh…those jeans.

10. Julie & Lauren December 10, 2012 at 11:50 am #

Adorable as usual. I love how the red bag makes the whole look POP! XO

11. Bettina December 10, 2012 at 12:04 pm #

I love the scarf, it totally looks like a vest! Loving your outfit posts, you look fabulous!

12. Sarah December 10, 2012 at 12:09 pm #

That scarf looks so much like a vest! It’s awesome :) Very chic outfit – you do look like a city girl!

13. Chelsea December 10, 2012 at 1:01 pm #

Love it, city girl! I think that scarf is a necessity in my life as of right now. You look just adorable as always, but with that city slicker touch! xo

14. Elizabeth // The Now December 10, 2012 at 2:40 pm #

That scarf just looks so cozy…and it’s totally gorgeous! I would love a bright red bag like your Pashli but I always get scared and go for black. Next purse I get has to be bright and colorful…it’s my mission. haha! xoxo

15. Chelsea December 10, 2012 at 8:24 pm #

You are totally a city girl :) Although to be quite honest, I’m happiest at home on my couch…even when I was single and living with girlfriends. I adore everything about this outfit and no matter where you are, you look very chic!

Chelsea
    Haute Child in the City

16. Alyssa December 11, 2012 at 10:41 am #

I’m dying over that bag. You are one lucky lady!

Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

17. Miro - Dose of Dash December 11, 2012 at 12:03 pm #

Lusting over that bag every time I see it!

18. navy & orange December 12, 2012 at 10:06 pm #

love your style and blog!

xoxo navy & orange

19. Lauren (L.A. in the bay) December 13, 2012 at 12:59 am #

you look so amazing Grace! I am totally loving all of your outfit posts lately! Your style is impeccable!