Since writing about my Fall Beauty Routine (here) I have gotten so many questions from you about eyelash extensions. I’ve had them for about five weeks now, and I’ve gotta say… I’m obsessed. Here are the things you should know if you are considering taking the plunge.
- Go to a reputable place. I’ve had them before and it was a horrible experience. My eyes hurt, the glue was not properly applied… a nightmare. Do your research and find a good place, or go to mine. It’s expensive, but if you look at it as an investment and plan on keeping them in for a long time (fills are so much less expensive) it isn’t all that bad. It’s really important to find someone good.
- Get these drops for afterward. My aesthetician recommended them and it really helped. Your eyes will be a little bit shocked at first and go from being watery to being dry.
- Get a brush (I use this one) and brush your lashes every day. As they get longer, they become more prone to tangling.
- A lash serum (my aesthetician recommends this) will help make the extensions last longer. It conditions your real lashes and strengthens them so that they can better support the extension.
- Once a week, massage the tiniest bit of olive oil into your lashes to keep them soft and conditioned. (If you get lash extensions that use Novalash glue, which is what I get, oil is okay. Glycol however, is not.. so avoid using products with glycol on your lashes as it isn’t good for the glue.)
Note: I did not receive complimentary services or payment for writing about Uptown Girl. I just really like the service.