November 23rd, 2012

garland1

DIY: Photo Garland

This Thanksgiving was an extra-special one, simply because everyone was home!  As we get older, it is becoming harder and harder to get everyone in the same place for the holidays, but this year, all three sisters made it home… with our respective significant others… making for a full house!  This Christmas, I am the only one of my sisters going home… so I thought it would be fun to document the time we had together with my new instant camera and make a little photo garland that we can hang up through Christmas… documenting the memories from this year’s special Thanksgiving.

To do this, all you need is an instant camera (love my Fuji Instax) some red satin ribbon, and clothespins!

Disclosure:  Camera + film were provided to me as a member of Glam Media’s Style Squad.  This is not a sponsored post.

10 Responses to DIY: Photo Garland

1. Stephanie November 23, 2012 at 3:12 pm #

This is a great idea! I hope I get an instant camera for christmas, I’d love to do something like this and watch it grow.
    stephanie

2. astyledefined November 23, 2012 at 3:35 pm #

I love this idea for all the extra Holiday cards, photos, and well wishes we receive throughout the season!

3. Maya November 23, 2012 at 3:38 pm #

This is one of my favorite things to do at a wedding! I work with a wedding photographer and we go around the reception taking photos that we hang on a garland – people always love it {and it’s a blast too!}

xx,
    maya

4. Caitlin C November 23, 2012 at 7:11 pm #

This is an awesome idea!!! Must do this :)

5. alyson November 23, 2012 at 10:20 pm #

what a fun idea; love the idea of an instant camera!

6. Michelle November 24, 2012 at 1:08 am #

Aww that’s a cute/cool idea! Very nice!

xo Michelle

Fierce & Fashionable

New Giveaway!!

7. FashionGlamour November 25, 2012 at 9:37 pm #

Actually, who needs an expensive, high tech digital camera? An insta–camera, even a disposable one, is more than a perfect device to capture the best moments of any occasion such as Thanksgiving or Christmas.

8. Emily November 26, 2012 at 11:00 pm #

Ah I just did something exactly like this in my office at work! Though my Instagram print-outs are nowhere near as fun as your real instant camera :) Love!

9. Running Betty December 11, 2012 at 7:13 pm #

My daughters drape these in their bedrooms all the time. Sometimes with song lyrics on index cards. Sometimes with photos. Sometimes hairstyle ideas from magazines…

1. DIY HUNTING – POLAROID & RIBBON - June 2, 2013

[...] to the adorable Stripes & Sequins blog we bring you one of our cutest (and simplest) DIY’s [...]