November 13th, 2012

bag-charm-final-shot

DIY: Initial Bag Charm

You already read about how much I adore Tignanello’s new bespoke line.  The monograms, the tassels… love.  And since this line is really all about customization, I decided to take it a step further with today’s little DIY project.  Why not snazz up your bag with your initials?  (In sequins, of course.)  I probably don’t need to point out that these would make a fantastic holiday gift.

It reminds me a little bit of a varsity letter… just glitzier!

Materials / Where to Buy:  A small piece of faux leather // 3 inches of satin ribbon // sequins – in two colors

Aleene’s Jewel-It Glue // Swivel Clasp // Jump Ring // 2-3 inches of silver chain

17 Responses to DIY: Initial Bag Charm

1. Liz Schneider November 13, 2012 at 8:13 am #

LOVE! Seriously the perfect stocking stuffer.

2. alyson November 13, 2012 at 8:55 am #

So, so fun, and as Liz said, the best holiday gift. Love something thoughtful.

3. The Muse November 13, 2012 at 9:10 am #

This is amazing! We’re loving the sequins to glam up a boring bag, and will definately be trying this out! x

4. Alyssa November 13, 2012 at 10:01 am #

This came out SO pretty, Grace! I actually rarely have anything monogrammed/with my initials, so I’m excited to try this out!

Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

5. Kate {domestikatedlife} November 13, 2012 at 10:33 am #

I love this idea! Can’t go wrong with sparkles or monograms :)

6. Elizabeth // The Now November 13, 2012 at 11:38 am #

Awww, Grace, this is such a cute idea!!! It turned out really well!! You are my hero!
    xo

7. Sarah November 13, 2012 at 12:42 pm #

What an awesome idea! So cute and creative!!

8. M. (Faded M Style) November 13, 2012 at 1:13 pm #

Love this! What a great holiday gift! xo
    Best, M.
    fadedmstyle.com

9. Lisa November 13, 2012 at 1:21 pm #

Snazzy!

10. Catfish & Caviar November 13, 2012 at 1:29 pm #

So CUTE! I will be making these for some Christmas stocking stuffers :)

11. Erin @ Thanks, I Made It November 13, 2012 at 3:43 pm #

so cute! would be a great brooch too, like markus lupfer’s

12. Emily November 13, 2012 at 9:42 pm #

What a fun DIY! This is perfect for a work bag or traveling tote!
    Isn’t That Charming.

13. azaroa November 14, 2012 at 9:44 am #

pero que idea tan chula y fácil!….tomo nota ya! ;)

Saludos!

14. Jennifer November 30, 2012 at 7:03 pm #

I almost never comment on blogs…I take your fabulous ideas and make them my own. But I was at the Gap yesterday looking at some of their sequin tops and knew I could make them, even though I never worked with sequins. So of course, I’m at Michael’s last night and did a little “test” on an old shirt at 2am this morning….and now I wind up here! Thank you for the great tutorial. I can’t wait to get started!

1. Hautelinks: Week of 11/15/12 - November 15, 2012

[...] DIY Monogrammed Bag Charm is super cute and would be perfect [...]

2. DIY Sequin Initial Bag Charm « M&J Blog - November 16, 2012

[...] of Stripes and Sequins has impressed us yet again with her latest DIY. She used sequins from our store to create this [...]

3. 50 No-Sew Projects! » Little Inspiration - April 24, 2013