November 12th, 2012

berry-lips

Berry Lips

This Fall, one of my beauty essentials has been a berry lip.  Whether you go subtle with a sheer gloss or balm or bold with a matte lipstick, it’s on trend and absolutely fabulous.  Here are a four that I’ve tried and happen to absolutely love.

In order from sheer to matte/bold:  Clinique Black Honey Duo // Tarte Pencil // NARS Gloss (Rouge Tribal is so cool.) // NARS Scarlet Empress Lipstick

P.S.  Gift Guide season has officially begun!  I put together a pretty little gift guide over on Savvy Home… be sure to pop over and check it out!

11 Responses to Berry Lips

1. Marie-Eve @aprettynest November 12, 2012 at 6:44 am #

I love tartre pencils, need to try that shade ! Thanks !
    My Blog – A Pretty Nest

2. alyson November 12, 2012 at 8:24 am #

Need to try the Nars and Tarte… love those Tarte sticks. Such a great injection of color!

3. Liz Schneider November 12, 2012 at 8:25 am #

I think I need to grab the Clinique gloss, but I am such a sucker for NARS matte lipstick – I may just jump to a bold lip. Definitely a must try for winter!

4. cait & val November 12, 2012 at 9:39 am #

we’re in <3 with the berry lip trend.
    just imagine it with some great faux leather pants, sequin top, and a holiday cocktail.

xo. c & v
    cake & valley

5. Jess November 12, 2012 at 10:11 am #

Tarte and NARS make some of my very favorite cosmetics. I’m not sure how a dark berry would look with my skin tone (and I so rarely delve into lip color) but I kind of want to try it now!

Also, loved your gift guide – and I’m planning on playing Love Actually in the background at Friendsgiving next week. :)

6. Alyssa November 12, 2012 at 10:22 am #

I just picked up the Scarlet Empress lipstick last week and I’m full-blow obsessed with it. I love that it’s not too berry and really makes my eyes stand out!

-Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

7. Kim // Six2Eleven November 12, 2012 at 10:25 am #

Love me some Black Honey! It’s my berry go-to! That Nars options looks perfect for the holiday season!

Kim
    Six2Eleven

8. Emily Lunstroth November 12, 2012 at 10:38 am #

Love this trend so much!

9. Lauren | Seventeenth & Irving November 12, 2012 at 11:58 am #

I tried on the NARS this weekend! I must say…for a second I felt a little “My So Called Life,” but hey…everything old is new again, right?

10. rita November 12, 2012 at 12:00 pm #

i usually hate lip gloss but that nars shimmery gloss is so pretty i may have to see if i can stand it!!!

11. Catfish & Caviar November 12, 2012 at 12:06 pm #

<3 berry lips in fall! Especially with minimal makeup everywhere else!