October 3rd, 2012

earrings-final1

DIY: Fallon Inspired Earrings

It seems that I have a perma-crush on all things Fallon.  Spikes, tough metal… love it, so much.  When I spotted these crystal spike earrings, I fell in love (and also got hit with some major inspiration.)  The originals are less than $100 (a steal for Fallon) but with a little creativity you can make your own little version for less than $5.00.  I ended up making several pairs that I plan to give to friends for Christmas gifts.

{mine are a bit larger than the Fenton version, but you could use smaller beads + mini spikes.}

Materials / Where to Buy:  E6000 Glue // 2 Gold Ear Wires // 2 18mm Crystal Beads // 2 Size 28 Gold Spikes // Plyers

1.  Apply a small drop of glue to the top of your spike.  // 2.  Glue on your bead, pressing firmly.

3.  Allow to dry (at least 3-6 hours; overnight is best.)

4.  Use your plyers to straighten out and flatten the loop of the earwire.  // 5.  Dip the end in glue.

6.  Insert the glue covered end into the bead. // 7.  Allow to dry (positioning the ear wires facing up as shown above.)

35 Responses to DIY: Fallon Inspired Earrings

1. PennyPincherFashion October 3, 2012 at 6:30 am #

Amazing – and this is so easy…I like it when you post the simple DIY’s on here for us craft-challenged! :)

2. Beatrix October 3, 2012 at 6:30 am #

This is so cool! Preparing for Christmas already? Lol you’re a really good planner, I normally leave it to the two weeks before Christmas xD

3. Candy October 3, 2012 at 6:52 am #

These are too cool!  If only I still wore earrings :(  But definitely an awesome DIY, Grace!!

xoxo
    Candy
    taylor & DEMOLISH

P.S.  I LOVE YOUR MANICURE!

4. Julie Lagrotteria October 3, 2012 at 8:06 am #

You look beautiful!!! And agree, love Fallon jewelry! Too cool. Great remake. xO

5. Elizabeth Schneider October 3, 2012 at 8:12 am #

I LOVE! And you look gorgeous.

6. Cheetahisthenewblack October 3, 2012 at 8:40 am #

A) You look stunning in the first photo and B) these earrings are too good, seriously. You know these are right up my alley! PS Hope your birthday was so much fun and thank you for all of your sweet comments on my blog during my London trip! Heart you xx

7. christin schindewolf October 3, 2012 at 10:41 am #

I am obviously obsessed with these.

8. Philothea October 3, 2012 at 10:43 am #

That’s too cool! How did you do your nails?

Grace Atwood October 3, 2012 at 11:45 am #

I used Deborah Lippmann’s Ruby Red Slippers – it’s such a fun shade!

9. Marta Funniest October 3, 2012 at 11:21 am #

OMG! they couldn’t be prettier and easier!! Love the spikes and crystals mix! Punk & classic at the same time
    Million thanks for sharing this idea
    Big kisses

10. The Avg Girl Guide October 3, 2012 at 11:30 am #

Love these and so easy to make! Thanks, Grace.

11. Jen October 3, 2012 at 11:44 am #

Love this!!

Red Soles and Red Wine

12. Lily McNamara October 3, 2012 at 12:13 pm #

such an awesome idea because i love those earrings!! are your nails ruby red slippers?

Grace Atwood October 3, 2012 at 12:39 pm #

yes, they are!  definitely a favorite of mine right now.

13. Lauren | Seventeenth & Irving October 3, 2012 at 12:16 pm #

These are incredible, and look so easy!

14. Erica & Lauren October 3, 2012 at 1:15 pm #

so simple yet absolutely gorgeous. fab DIY, grace! xx

15. Simply Bubblelicious October 3, 2012 at 2:09 pm #

Damn, you are so talented!  I wish I had DIY skills!

16. Ashley Allen October 3, 2012 at 5:19 pm #

so cute. lucky friends!

17. Fashion-Isha October 3, 2012 at 10:47 pm #

Wow! So simple yet so stylish. I love it! I’ve got to go do some DIY’s!!
    xo
    Sharon

18. Bettina October 4, 2012 at 2:07 am #

Love the DL nail polish. I want to buy this color now!

19. Truebluemeandyou October 4, 2012 at 2:43 pm #

Love these and you’re right – they would make perfect holiday gifts as they look really polished and expensive. Posted your photo and a link back on my blog

Grace Atwood October 5, 2012 at 3:11 pm #

Thank you so much… I really appreciate it!  I made 5 extra pairs.. .now to decide who gets ‘em! ;)

20. Nicole Levine October 5, 2012 at 1:07 pm #

Love how simple and fab this is!

21. Joyce October 12, 2012 at 1:21 pm #

love this. great gift idea! :)

22. Meg December 10, 2012 at 5:59 pm #

Love thank you provide links for the materials! Thanks!

23. Chelsea December 14, 2012 at 8:06 pm #

Cute idea – I think it might be easier to get a couple of flat-ended headpins, slide the crystal beads on, create a loop at the top, attach to hooks, *then* glue the spike to the bottom of the bead. That way, you don’t have to use your E600 on the hook end, where it’s messier and could show through the clear bead. :)

24. JAIONE February 3, 2013 at 2:47 pm #

e descubierto esta pagina sin querer y me encanta.felicidades

1. Outfit: Feeling Fall - October 4, 2012

[…] J.Crew Pants // J.Crew Flats // 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Satchel // Margaret Elizabeth Stacking Rings // DIY Earrings […]

2. Worthy Reads Roundup – A brilliant career, Anna Dello Russo for H&M, and NARS and Andy Warhol - October 6, 2012

[…] Stripes & Sequins is one chic and talented chick and makes the coolest jewelry pieces.  These Fallon inspired earrings are so […]

3. Thrifty Tyra – DIY: Fenton Fallon Look Alike - October 11, 2012

[…] DIY: Fenton Fallon Look Alike Thursday, October 11th, 2012Our friend, Grace, of Stripes and Sequins has another great DIY project you should check out! I absolutely adore her site so you should check […]

4. DIY: Erickson Beamon inspired Rose Garden Bib Necklace - October 16, 2012

[…] also wearing my DIY Fallon inspired earrings + Maya Brenner initial necklace.} Pin It […]

5. DIY: Erickson Beamon inspired Rose Garden Bib Necklace | Stripes + Sequins NEW - October 16, 2012

[…] also wearing my DIY Fallon inspired earrings + Maya Brenner initial […]

6. Outfit: Transitioning - October 18, 2012

[…] (similar) // DIY Earrings// Rebecca Minkoff […]

7. Outfit: Transitioning | Stripes + Sequins NEW - October 18, 2012

[…] (similar) // DIY Earrings// Rebecca Minkoff […]

8. 2012 Favorite Projects | Stripes & Sequins - December 31, 2012

[…] Middle:  Quadruple Sparkle Bracelet // Cat Sweater // Crystal Spike Earrings […]