If you are still afraid to try face oil, you are really, genuinely missing out. No matter what your skin type (yes, even oily!) there is likely any oil that works for you. I for one, happen to be a huge fan of the face oil… especially as the temps cool down and my skin dries out. A dear friend of mine has been mixing up face oils in her apartment. She taught me quite a bit about how different oils are actually quite cleansing (Castor Oil, for example) She whipped up the most amazing blend for me with neroli, lavender, argan…the works. (At some point she is going to start selling her oil… consider yourselves warned… it’s amazing.) In the meantime, there are so many incredible products on the market right now that deliver fantastic benefits… I’ve tried ‘em all and here are my favorites.
- Truth Art Beauty Face Nourish is a favorite of mine. I really love that it’s all natural. You can customize it based upon your skin type, which is something I really like. This is the most affordable option in this round-up, and it works just as well as the pricier versions.
- Rodin Olio Lusso is considered the gold standard by the beauty industry, and for good reason. It leaves skin glowy and luminous… and has the most luxurious jasmine scent. I have a tiny vial that I’ve been squandering for the past year. I only use it on special occasions / when I really need to feel pampered.
- Sunday Riley Juno is not technically an oil, but I had to include it in here anyway. They refer to it as a lipid serum, but it looks, feels, and acts like an oil (and a great one at that.)
- sjal’s new anti-aging saphir face oil is a new favorite. This stuff is luxe. It’s weightless yet deeply hydrating, and contains the energy from Himalayan Blue Sapphires. Fancy. The scent is a bit citrusy, and took me a little while to get used to… but it fades quickly leaving you with glowy hydrated skin.
- I continually hear the most amazing things about Josie Maran’s Argan Oil. I don’t know why I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. It’s the only oil in this round-up that I have not yet tried, but I’ve heard from so many people about it’s wonders, that I trust that its good.