October 11th, 2012

face-oils1

Best of: Face Oils

If you are still afraid to try face oil, you are really, genuinely missing out.  No matter what your skin type (yes, even oily!) there is likely any oil that works for you.  I for one, happen to be a huge fan of the face oil… especially as the temps cool down and my skin dries out.  A dear friend of mine has been mixing up face oils in her apartment.  She taught me quite a bit about how different oils are actually quite cleansing (Castor Oil, for example)  She whipped up the most amazing blend for me with neroli, lavender, argan…the works.  (At some point she is going to start selling her oil… consider yourselves warned… it’s amazing.)  In the meantime, there are so many incredible products on the market right now that deliver fantastic benefits… I’ve tried ‘em all and here are my favorites.

1. Truth Art Beauty Face Nourish is a favorite of mine.  I really love that it’s all natural.  You can customize it based upon your skin type, which is something I really like.  This is the most affordable option in this round-up, and it works just as well as the pricier versions.
  2. Rodin Olio Lusso is considered the gold standard by the beauty industry, and for good reason.  It leaves skin glowy and luminous… and has the most luxurious jasmine scent.  I have a tiny vial that I’ve been squandering for the past year.  I only use it on special occasions / when I really need to feel pampered.
  3. Sunday Riley Juno is not technically an oil, but I had to include it in here anyway.  They refer to it as a lipid serum, but it looks, feels, and acts like an oil (and  a great one at that.)
  4. sjal’s new anti-aging saphir face oil is a new favorite.  This stuff is luxe.  It’s weightless yet deeply hydrating, and contains the energy from Himalayan Blue Sapphires.  Fancy.  The scent is a bit citrusy, and took me a little while to get used to… but it fades quickly leaving you with glowy hydrated skin.
  5.  I continually hear the most amazing things about Josie Maran’s Argan Oil.  I don’t know why I haven’t pulled the trigger yet.  It’s the only oil in this round-up that I have not yet tried, but I’ve heard from so many people about it’s wonders, that I trust that its good.

22 Responses to Best of: Face Oils

1. Krista October 11, 2012 at 7:07 am #

Add Kahina Giving Beauty and Acure Organics Argan oil to your list of ones to try out:)

2. Valéria October 11, 2012 at 8:14 am #

Argan oil is just perfect for body/ hair/ face. I hear a lot of different brands launched their own argan oil ( José Maran), but I find it works best when it’s just plain simple argan oil! I buy mine in a pharmacy here in the south of france that sells all types of essential oils.

3. Kathy October 11, 2012 at 9:56 am #

I am obsessed with face oils! I’m a big fan of RMS Beauty Oil (for warmer weather) and Kahina Giving Beauty (for year round!). On my to try list: Rodin, Sunday Riley and Vered Botanicals! I’ve actually never heard of the sjal one you mentioned…can’t wait to check that one out too!

4. Elynnpittman October 11, 2012 at 10:08 am #

I won the Josie Maran argan BALM in a gift basket and I can’t say enough amazing things about it. I put it on my lips, elbows, under eyes and it is insanely softening.

5. Lisa // Elembee October 11, 2012 at 10:17 am #

I keep hearing wonderful things about face oils and have been wanting to try them. Have you tried Tarte’s maracuja oil? Really curious about that one.

6. Berty Morales October 11, 2012 at 10:37 am #

Thanks for this great tips because I need the perfect face oil for this season.  My skin tend to get super dry while Fall/Winter is around and I don’t understand why.   This is a must try for me…xoxoxoxox

7. Jess // Curating Style October 11, 2012 at 10:55 am #

I keep hearing wonderful things about face oil too, even for people with normal/oily skin like me. The wind and dry air just kills my skin in the fall and winter, so this might be my next beauty venture.

8. schindewolf October 11, 2012 at 11:29 am #

be still my heart. Josie Maran is my fave.

9. victoria | vmac + cheese October 11, 2012 at 12:03 pm #

I actually love Josie Maran’s argan oil for my hair! A few drops worked into the ends, and my hair stays moisturized, shiny, and silky through a blow out and flat ironing!

10. Ashley McAdams October 11, 2012 at 12:55 pm #

i haven’t tried any of these, but i SWEAR by coconut oil- i’ve used it everyday for over a year now and i don’t ever break out, my skin is youthful and glows, and i smell delicious (:

oh.. and it costs all of 8 bucks for a huge jar that lasts a few months.. and you can use it all over your body! win, win

11. Kelsie October 11, 2012 at 1:01 pm #

Grapeseed oil is another good choice. Absorbs really quickly, without leaving you greasy. I’ve seen a huge difference in the texture of my skin. Also, it’s really inexpensive.

12. Bettina October 11, 2012 at 2:17 pm #

I raise my hand, I’m so afraid of oils. But, I’ve also heard such great things about the Josie Maran, I’ll think about taking the plunge on this one :)

13. Allison October 11, 2012 at 3:17 pm #

For the last five years I have exclusively used jojoba oil which is insanely cheap and moisturizing. I believe it’s actually a wax, but is liquid at room temp.

14. Susanne October 12, 2012 at 12:58 am #

I’ve made my own concoction of oils and use them to cleanse my face.  My face has never been as smooth, hydrated and even toned.  I’ve gotten so many compliments!

15. BrightonKeller October 12, 2012 at 1:22 pm #

hmm interesting! wow! thanks for sharing. I’ll have to try these out for sure – or well, one of them!

16. Gaby October 12, 2012 at 5:12 pm #

I need to bookmark and take note!

17. Lealpiep October 17, 2012 at 8:57 am #

Organic Rosehip oil! It looks a bit exxy, but a little goes a long way. I’ve tried the Coconut oil as well. It is meant to be a great wound healed, but so is the rosehip. Also- Almond oil is a staple makeup remover- really gentle and easily dissolves everything, and come off easily. I tried a fancy camellia (tea) oil blend but it didn’t agree with my skin.. it was by a young brand and I purchased it on their organic credential. Camellia oil on its own is meant to be useful but I haven’t found it around here.

18. md April 5, 2013 at 1:03 am #

deciding between splurging on juno vs. rodin olio lusso. what would you recommend for someone with dry/dehydrated skin? thanks!

Grace Atwood April 5, 2013 at 10:02 am #

That is such a tough call! I really love both… but if I had to choose, I would pick Juno. Though right now I have been testing NUDE’s face oil, and I love it. Also, to answer your other comment… the Clarins Double Serum is actually a lot more like Juno than Good Genes as it’s also a lipid serum. If I were going to splurge on any one thing right now, it would be the Double Serum.

• md April 5, 2013 at 1:27 pm #

thanks so much!

1. Worthy Links 12.10.12 | All In to Win for Kids - October 12, 2012

[…] Grace talked about facial oil. I’m sold. […]

2. My personal approach to skincare and living with seborrheic dermatitis - January 14, 2013

[…] Art Beauty face nourish (I use the dry skin blend). I first learned about this product from the Stripes and Sequins post on face oils and decided I had to have it for such a great price. Good choice on my part. I […]