October 31st, 2012

IMG_13841

A Little Thing.

It hasn’t been the easiest few days, but it could be much worse.  As I write this, Stefan and I are camped out in a hotel room (possibly the last one left in Manhattan) feeling thankful to have power + Internet once more.  Our power generator exploded, so our apartment is not expected to have electricity for the next 4-7 days.  Waa, waa… whoa is me.  And so, I thought I’d (rather gratuitously) share something that made me incredibly happy… I was featured in this month’s InStyle!  Katia Beauchamp (founder of Birchbox) was kind enough to list this blog as one of her favorite spots on the web.  My month = made.  I finally got my hands on a copy of it, and here we go.

6 Responses to A Little Thing.

1. meagan November 1, 2012 at 7:29 pm #

congrats girl!!
    that’s amazing and will hopefully keep you happy during the hotel stay :(

xo the egg out west.

Grace November 1, 2012 at 9:10 pm #

thank you so much. definitely makes things a little better! xo

2. Grace Davis November 1, 2012 at 7:55 pm #

Congrats Grace!!! So glad you are doing well despite horrible Sandy!

Love the new redesign! It feels super editorial!

xo
    Grace

Grace November 1, 2012 at 9:10 pm #

Thank you so much, Grace! xx

3. Anonymous November 2, 2012 at 2:56 pm #

I will not have power for 1-2 weeks. Long Beach will not have power for a month. I don’t mean to be rude, but please consider yourself lucky. Anyways, congrats! You deserve it! And enjoy your hotel room!

Grace November 2, 2012 at 3:03 pm #

Hi Anon… I’m really sorry to hear that. Please know – I do consider myself very lucky, and I’m so sorry if that did not come across… when I wrote this post, I also didn’t realize how much longer the power would be out (ours still is) or the extent of the destruction in the rest of the tri-state area. It’s really, really scary. I hope your power comes back on soon.