September 14th, 2012

tresemme

Making a Blow-out Last

Every fashion week, one of my first orders of business is a trip to the salon to get a blow out.  Getting my hair blown out is always a treat, as I have such a hard time doing it myself.  My hair is ridiculously thick and wavy so it takes even the most expert stylists a solid 45 minutes to get my hair sleek and shining.  It’s always worth it though… I look (and feel) so much more polished… ready to tackle anything!  As it takes so long for my hair to get this way, it’s important to me that I be able to make it last.  For that reason, I am really loving Tresemmé’s Fresh Start line – the products really work!

From left:   Tresemmé Fresh Start Smoothing Dry Shampoo // Tresemmé Fresh Start No Frizz Creme //  Tresemmé Extra Firm Control Hair Spray //  Tresemmé No Frizz Shine Spray

By day three or four, my blow-out is typically looking a little limp.  To breathe new life into it, I start by spraying on the Smoothing Dry Shampoo.  I only apply it to my roots, and then wait 2-3 minutes.  From there, I comb it through the rest of my hair.  Even if the roots are greasy, my hair errs on the drier side, so I work a little bit of the Anti-Frizz Creme through the ends.  And after that, I do one of two things.  I leave it alone and spray it with the Shine Spray for a messier look (as pictured below,) or I’ll curl the ends and set with the Extra Firm Control Hair Spray.  The whole routine takes 10 minutes tops, and really works to make my blow-out last.  (I can usually do this another 2-3 days after the first 3… getting nearly a week out of my blow-out.)

{This is me on day 4 of my blow-out, after using the  Tresemmé products I talked about above.  Not bad for day 4, eh? }

Wearing:  Zoe Karssen Tee //  DIY Skull Necklace // BaubleBar Necklace (sold out but love this one)

Head to tresstylestudio.com to get more inspiration on how to style your hair 24/7.  And be sure to check out Lucky’s Ultimate Style Guide, sponsored by Tresemmé, on sale 9/25.

Disclosure:  This is a sponsored post.  All opinions are 100% my own.

12 Responses to Making a Blow-out Last

1. christin schindewolf September 14, 2012 at 9:58 am #

i need that tee. and new dry shampoo. thanks for the reminder.

graceatwood September 17, 2012 at 3:02 pm #

Yes you do!! I love that tee!

2. The Curvy Girl September 14, 2012 at 10:02 am #

Thank you!

graceatwood September 17, 2012 at 3:02 pm #

hope you found it helpful! x

3. Alyson September 14, 2012 at 10:26 am #

nice! I could use a little frizz creme on my hair a few days after… great idea (my ends get super dry, too). CUrrently on day 4; feeling proud here.

graceatwood September 17, 2012 at 3:03 pm #

It really helps! Such a mess… oily at the roots and dry on the ends… such is life. :)

4. Michelle Levine September 14, 2012 at 12:11 pm #

I use the shine spray too! Love it ! helps to make my hair shiny and much less frizzy ;) day four your hair in the pic def is still looking good and so great unlike me on day 4 ! good stuff !

graceatwood September 17, 2012 at 3:03 pm #

Yay! It’s so good. Just try a little more dry shampoo on day 4! x

5. Sarah September 14, 2012 at 5:49 pm #

Your hair looks so pretty! I know what you mean about thick, unmanageable curls. My hair is like that naturally (I affectionately refer to it as my Jew Fro – which is only marginally politically incorrect because I’m Jewish haha). I actually get a treatment done on my hair every 3-4 months that makes it manageable, soft and straighter. It’s call the Brazilian Blowout (I’m sure you’ve heard of it). I’m not even exaggerating when I say this treatment has changed my life. My styling time went from hours (most of the time I’d just put it up to avoid having to do it) to minutes… It’s pretty crazy. And humidity and rain and all that has pretty much no effect on my hair now.
    Anyway – I sound like a walking advertisement. But really, it’s a great treatment! You’ve obviously found products that work for you already but if you ever want to take a more drastic route, the Brazilian Blowout is something to consider :)

Sarah

graceatwood September 17, 2012 at 3:03 pm #

I really want to try it, actually! I just keep chickening out. :)

6. Jordan - Queen of LA September 22, 2012 at 11:58 am #

grace… pardon my absence… i just have to tell you, you look amazing. you have the most beautiful smile, it lights up your whole face!

graceatwood October 1, 2012 at 2:33 pm #

Aw, you always make me smile, Jordan! Thanks for the sweet comment. xoxox