September 6th, 2012

final8

DIY: Shashi inspired Adjustable Gemstone Friendship Bracelet

After braiding, knotting, and friendship bracelet-ing my way for summer, it’s time to retire my armful of crazy friendship bracelets and bright colors for just a bit more sophistication.  As much as I love neons and brights, I’m craving rich jewel tones for Fall.  When it comes to my wristwear of choice, Shashi’s Rachel Gemstone Bracelet fits the bill.  A little more luxe, a little more polished, but still ready to pile on by the armful.  (And, lucky for us… incredibly easy to make, as well.)

Materials / Where to Buy:   Embroidery Floss  (I used Lion Brand Cotton Bon Bons) // Glass or Gemstone Beads of your choice // Gold Beads // Beading Needle (Get this easy to thread kind.)

*To make the square knots, refer to this tutorial if you are not already familiar.

29 Responses to DIY: Shashi inspired Adjustable Gemstone Friendship Bracelet

1. Sarah Pickell September 6, 2012 at 10:24 am #

cute! definitely could make a bunch of these for some of my sorority sisters as a cute little “happy start of the semester” gift!!

graceatwood September 6, 2012 at 10:37 am #

Love that idea! I hope you do it, these are so fun and you can make them in so many good color combos..

• Sarah Pickell September 6, 2012 at 12:58 pm #

I just picked out the beads I want to use…this is going to be my weekend project! Can’t wait!!

2. Viviana Carmona September 6, 2012 at 11:55 am #

Another amazing DIY!

graceatwood September 7, 2012 at 5:22 pm #

thanks, Viv!

3. Gina Michele September 6, 2012 at 12:02 pm #

Very pretty- I love those colors together!

Gina Michele

Crochet
    Clouds

graceatwood September 7, 2012 at 5:22 pm #

thanks so much, Gina!

4. christin schindewolf September 6, 2012 at 12:13 pm #

I really LOVE these bracelets!

Grace Atwood September 7, 2012 at 5:23 pm #

aw, thanks lady! xo

5. Brynn {chartreuse & a twist} September 6, 2012 at 5:16 pm #

so pretty!!! i love your endless creativity…so inspiring :) XO brynn

Grace Atwood September 7, 2012 at 5:23 pm #

Aw, you are too sweet, Brynn!  So happy you like them!

6. alelasirah September 6, 2012 at 7:01 pm #

Love the concept!!! Great job!!

Grace Atwood September 7, 2012 at 5:23 pm #

Thank you so much!

7. gameday stylist September 6, 2012 at 9:05 pm #

Gorgeous! Love those – going to have to take a stab at making them :)

– Sara @ Gameday Stylist

Grace Atwood September 7, 2012 at 5:24 pm #

I hope you do – they are really fun to make!

8. Mornin_storie September 8, 2012 at 2:12 am #

Quick question: Did you use 6mm or 8mm beads? I’m gathering all of my supplies, but can’t decde between the 6 or 8mm beads I have. Thanks for the great inspiration!

graceatwood September 11, 2012 at 2:34 pm #

I used a mix. I’d go for the 6mm though, I like the way the smaller size beads look best!

9. tanya_caines September 8, 2012 at 2:46 am #

Very pretty xx

graceatwood September 11, 2012 at 2:35 pm #

thank you, Tanya!

10. Lila Sirena November 14, 2012 at 1:43 pm #

Hi Grace, I love your blog!
    Here’s my DIY bracelet using beads… http://lilasirena.blogspot.mx/2012/11/diy-skull-bracelet.html

1. Hautelinks: Week of 9/6/12 - September 6, 2012

[...] + Sequins does a fall take on the friendship bracelet – [...]

2. hallpassonthat.com » Blog Archive » Hautelinks: Week of 9/6/12 - September 6, 2012

[...] + Sequins does a fall take on the friendship bracelet – [...]

3. Hautelinks: Week of 9/6/12 | Fashion Tooth by Fashion *T* Daily News - September 7, 2012

[...] + Sequins does a fall take on the friendship bracelet – [...]

4. Weekly Roundup of Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blogs - September 8, 2012

[...] fan of OTY’s friendship bracelet tutorial? Stripes and Sequins gives us another DIY accessory that will fit in with your arm party [...]

5. #4U2Read: NYFW Style & VMA Nails | Trend HUNGRY #4U2Read: NYFW Style & VMA Nails | Where a fat closet fits a skinny budget - September 9, 2012

[...] 2. Friendship bracelets were so ten minutes ago. Opt for a more sophisticated, stackable bracelet and don’t buy, DIY! – Stripes & Sequins [...]

6. Outfit: (early) Fall Uniform - September 11, 2012

[...] Shorts (sold out but similar) // DIY Bracelets // YSL Heels // gifted Rebecca Minkoff Bag (now on [...]

7. Bracelets | Pearltrees - September 16, 2012

[...] ways to get creative with this project. For extra credit, try it using resin or tortoise links. Shashi inspired Adjustable Gemstone Friendship Bracelet September 6, 2012 After braiding, knotting, and friendship bracelet-ing my way for summer, it’s [...]

8. Outfit: (early) Fall Uniform | Stripes + Sequins - November 3, 2012