August 31st, 2012

happppy

Mood Elevators

There’s something to be said for the way the right piece of clothing or accessory can lift your mood.  A pop of color, a whimsical print, pretty bows, polka dots… they’re bright, happy, and always fun.  Pieces like these lift my mood and make getting dressed just a bit easier.  See below for a few of my personal favorite mood-elevating pieces.  I’m lucky enough to own a few of them (this and this included) and can attest to their magical powers.

Top Row:  Chevron Top // Tote // Lip Studs // Necklace // Bow Belt

Middle:  Blue and Combo Chevron Rings // Heart Sweater // Pink Skirt // Cat Ring // Earrings // Bow // Floral Tank

BottomDot Sweatshirt // Bow Studs // Pumps // Earrings // Skirt

20 Responses to Mood Elevators

1. PennyPincherFashion August 31, 2012 at 6:44 am #

Completely agree with this logic and it’s part of my “wise shopping” strategy – I only buy pieces that really make me feel good.  Otherwise, I know I won’t reach for them on a regular basis :)

graceatwood September 11, 2012 at 2:37 pm #

I like your strategy and totally agree. Have spent too much money on clothes I don’t wear… it’s a tough lesson to learn!

2. Lisa August 31, 2012 at 7:50 am #

The satchel from JCrew  was a recent purchase and the color was exactly what drew me to it.

graceatwood September 11, 2012 at 2:38 pm #

ooh lucky you – it is fabulous!!

3. Elizabeth Schneider August 31, 2012 at 8:25 am #

Total mood elevators, happy Friday!

4. tomorrowtodayblog August 31, 2012 at 8:51 am #

ah! that j crew shirt just makes me happy- I love it! totally agree with you- I try to only buy things that I want to wear out of the store!

5. christin schindewolf August 31, 2012 at 10:09 am #

dollar sign studs? get out of town!

6. AdventuresinDressmaking August 31, 2012 at 10:16 am #

Cuteness!! I am always wishing for that one piece that would make my outfit more fun. Must incorporate more brights and prints. =)

7. Chloe Gale August 31, 2012 at 10:23 am #

What a perfect weekend pick-me-up. Love the lip studs and chevron rings…so cool!

8. The Avg Girl Guide August 31, 2012 at 10:58 am #

I’m fully OBSESSED with everything. That Madewell sweatshirt is the best (and by clicking on it found the cutest b+w polka dot tee, score!)

9. Lindsey August 31, 2012 at 11:40 am #

I love bright pieces for fall! I agree – wearing fun pieces instantly brightens my day! Love your cute picks!

Lindsey
    poshandpoised.com

10. Denise Atwood August 31, 2012 at 11:48 am #

I agree about the mood boosters!  Love this post!
    xo

11. Dana Punzenberger August 31, 2012 at 12:06 pm #

Thank you for the mood boosters!!! Love all pieces,  expecially the pink skirt and the heart sweater.

12. Roxy Barr August 31, 2012 at 1:04 pm #

That adorable skirt in pink! I must have it!!! I love anything “paperbag-style”

:) Roxy

13. Tierney August 31, 2012 at 1:10 pm #

Where’s the leopard?!!?  (Just kidding.  Kind of.)

Real talk though:  When I saw the post title, I thought it was going to be a special post on cool elevators at departments stores.  Haha.  You know.  Like “Mood Elevators” in cool hues and themes.  Haha.

14. Kirbyellenbrooks August 31, 2012 at 1:21 pm #

That Chevron Top is amazing! J. Crew can do no wrong!

15. Sara B August 31, 2012 at 2:02 pm #

Such happy pieces! I’m wearing my chevron rings today and they’re totally making me smile. Happy Friday Grace!! xo

16. Clarity Star September 2, 2012 at 4:45 am #

Color is always a mood lifter. These pieces you chose are wishlist worthy as well.

17. Lisa // Elembee September 2, 2012 at 7:10 pm #

It really is amazing what the right clothing/accessories can do for your mood. Even though I work from home and love taking advantage of the fact that I can work in my PJs, getting dressed and putting on makeup makes a huge difference when I’m feeling frustrated or just not as productive. Stripes, polka dots, and/or bright colors always do the trick for me! I think that polka dot sweatshirt would be just the thing for an off day.

18. Jordan - Queen of LA September 5, 2012 at 8:12 pm #

as a lover of color on everything and anything i love this post. spot on! love those heels and that pink skirt!