July 23rd, 2012

final shot

DIY: CC Skye Inspired Two Tone Chain Bracelet

I’ve never really been one to follow rules when it comes to mixing metals.  Rose gold, yellow gold, silver… I mix and match.  For that reason, I was excited to see mixed metal jewelry pop up on Shopbop this month.  This bracelet (also available in neon,) stood out as something I needed to have.  It’s also incredibly easy to make.   This is a great beginner project, and while variations of it have definitely been done before on other DIY blogs, I really love how the gold and silver chains look paired together.

{I opted to add in a pop of cobalt blue…  you can do a lot of different things – neons, neutrals, or bright colors!}

Materials / Where to Buy:  17mm chain in silver + gold // leather cord in two colors // large lobster clasp // two jump rings // pliers

35 Responses to DIY: CC Skye Inspired Two Tone Chain Bracelet

1. sharon lei July 23, 2012 at 6:47 am #

Great DIY, hun! I love it! :)  and I’m a fan of mxing metals, too.

xx Love & AlohaCome follow me…http://elisharon.blogspot.com

graceatwood July 24, 2012 at 4:53 pm #

Thanks Sharon! Mixing metals is the best!!

2. Julie & Lauren July 23, 2012 at 8:13 am #

Love this- and agree with he mix of metals! Makes the look that much more complex and cool. Xo http://www.bornandbread.blogspot.com

graceatwood July 24, 2012 at 4:53 pm #

Thanks ladies! And I totally agree… the combination of metals really elevates it! xx

3. Alyson July 23, 2012 at 8:33 am #

This is great, and totally agree re: mixing metals. Think it would be so fun to mix up the colors of the leather. THis is a great beginning project. Thanks, Grace!

graceatwood July 24, 2012 at 4:58 pm #

Thanks Alyson! I hope you try it. :)

4. kuti July 23, 2012 at 8:50 am #

coool idea.. thx for sharing

kuti

graceatwood July 24, 2012 at 4:59 pm #

gladly, kuti! hope you try making it!

5. christin schindewolf July 23, 2012 at 9:58 am #

I think AJ would be really good at making me one of these :)

graceatwood July 24, 2012 at 5:00 pm #

I think so too. Let’s buy him a craft kit.

6. Elizabeth Schneider July 23, 2012 at 10:06 am #

I need a good resource in Chicago where I can pick up this chunky chain, such a great staple in DIY! Love this bracelet.

graceatwood July 24, 2012 at 5:01 pm #

It’s from MJ Trimming… you should order some!

7. Sarah July 23, 2012 at 12:41 pm #

Another great DIY tutorial! I agree, I love mixed metals. The ring I wear every day is woven silver and gold and it makes it so much easier to incorporate different types of jewelry (because I’m not concerned about matching all gold or all silver).

graceatwood July 24, 2012 at 5:01 pm #

Thanks Sarah! Totally agree.

8. diana @ collegiate chic July 23, 2012 at 1:27 pm #

Add this to the long list of DIY projects I need to try.

xx

collegiatechic.com

graceatwood July 24, 2012 at 5:03 pm #

Yay! Hope you make it, Diana!

9. Gina July 23, 2012 at 3:14 pm #

Beautiful colors together. Thank you for sharing and teaching!

xo

graceatwood July 24, 2012 at 5:04 pm #

Thanks Gina!!!

10. bestofbklyn July 23, 2012 at 3:20 pm #

You always have the best DIY ideas and tutorials, Grace! Love them! Thanks for sharing.

graceatwood July 24, 2012 at 5:04 pm #

So glad you think so Brookelyn! Hope you make it!

11. K makeitandfakeit July 23, 2012 at 3:39 pm #

This is a great tutorial Grace, love it! :)

Love K

graceatwood July 24, 2012 at 5:04 pm #

Thank you Katrine!

12. tanya_caines July 23, 2012 at 6:31 pm #

Love the colours you used.

graceatwood July 24, 2012 at 5:04 pm #

Thanks, Tanya!

13. Sara Russell July 24, 2012 at 3:32 pm #

Great idea!

xo Sara

graceatwood July 24, 2012 at 5:06 pm #

Thanks Sara!

14. Tara Soto July 24, 2012 at 6:16 pm #

Love this idea, but where do you buy your supplies from?

graceatwood July 25, 2012 at 12:45 pm #

Hi Tara, I actually link to each of the products in the “Materials / Where to Buy” line after the second photo in the post. Hope that is helpful.

15. Allison April 27, 2013 at 7:53 pm #

Thank you for the tutorial! I am new to DIY and am having difficulty with the weaving the rope. I wonder if it has something to do with the smaller chain I used. Did you have any troubles? It is not coming out as wonderful as yours!

Thanks,

Allison

1. Mini-DIY: Spike Bracelet - August 1, 2012

[...] already know from this post that I’m into mixed metals in a big way.  Upon seeing this bracelet and this necklace, I set [...]

2. my bracelets | Pearltrees - August 23, 2012

[...] CC Skye Inspired Two Tone Chain Bracelet Triple Ball Chain Bracelet After last week’s bracelet DIY , I thought it would be fun to do another summery bracelet. (If your curious, next week’s DIY will be another summer bracelet, too – the reason for this is that I’ve had several busy weeks topped off with weekend travel plans, and materials for bracelets travel incredibly well!) Last summer, the brilliant ladies of Honestly WTF slayed me with this fabulous wrap bracelet . Ball chain – what a brilliant idea! This bracelet uses three pieces of ball chain. While starting it is a bit tricky (I had to redo a few of mine,) perseverance pays off. The diamond friendship bracelet seems so much trickier than it actually is. I don’t know why I put off learning it for so long (last week,) but now I can’t stop making them. As with everything, practice makes perfect, but if you spend an afternoon perfecting your craft, you’ll soon be making them with your eyes closed. And once you perfect the six strand bracelet, you can move along to thicker bracelets. (I made the pink + white one below using eight strands – 6 white and 2 pink!) [...]

3. 21 Ideas for Super Cute DIY Bracelets | Style Motivation - June 26, 2013

[...] link [...]

4. 35 DIY Ideas for Super Cute Bracelets and Earrings | Beauty Harmony Life - October 4, 2013

[…] link […]

5. Cc Skye Womens Natalie Bracelet - November 24, 2013

[…] DIY: CC Skye Inspired Two Tone Chain Bracelet | Stripes & Sequins CC Skye Inspired Two Tone Chain Bracelet Triple Ball Chain Bracelet After last week's bracelet DIY , I thought it would be fun to do another summery bracelet. (If your curious, next week's DIY will be another summer bracelet,  […]

6. Fashionable DIY Bracelets - MotivaNova - MotivaNova - January 2, 2014