June 14th, 2012

mascaras

Reader’s Choice: Drugstore Beauty

I like my high priced beauty products just as much as the next person, but sometimes, the truth is, drugstore products can work just as well… if not, better!  Last week, on a whim (on Facebook + Twitter,) I asked you for your favorite drugstore beauty products and found myself overwhelmed by your responses.  Some of them I’ve tried, some of them I still need to… but regardless, I had to share all of the amazing responses I got from you!  There were a few products that got mentioned over and over again (like this self tanner… also a personal favorite of mine!) and a few new (to me) discoveries that I can’t wait to pick up… like this quick drying hair brush.  I’ve consolidated your responses.  Read on… you’ll learn a thing or two!

Covergirl LashBlast // Maybelline Falsies // L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes

L’Oreal Sublime Bronze // NYC Bronzer

Burts Bees  // Revlon Lip Butters // Maybelline Baby Lips // Cherry Chapstick // Nivea Kiss of Flavor

St. Ives Apricot Scrub // Aveeno Positively Radiant Face Moisturizer // Aquaphor // Aveeno Positively Radiant Face Pads // Garnier BB Cream // Neutrogena Makeup Removing Wipes

Suave Keratin Dry Shampoo // Visine // Goody Quik Style Brush // EOS Shave Cream

What a list!  So many products I want to try.  If your favorite drugstore product wasn’t listed above, I’d love for you to tell me in the comments!

40 Responses to Reader’s Choice: Drugstore Beauty

1. Anna A Hodge June 14, 2012 at 6:40 am #

so fabulous. Adore this post, love. If you get a sec, I just posted pictures from my wedding ceremony. Eeek. Love to hear what you think. xo

Grace Atwood June 15, 2012 at 1:11 pm #

So glad you liked the post, Anna!

2. Julie Leah June 14, 2012 at 8:12 am #

I’m yet to try Maybelline Baby Lips – I know, completely unacceptable. My favorite drug store Mascara is Maybelline Colossal Volum’ Express. It’s fantastic. Love this round-up, Grace!

Grace Atwood June 15, 2012 at 1:11 pm #

Oh Julie, you have to fix that!  Adore Baby Lips, especially the peppermint one.  :)

3. johanna June 14, 2012 at 9:03 am #

Love this post! I am a big fan of Jergen sunless tanner in the foam. Just yesterday my mom told me I had good color. Booyah!

Grace Atwood June 15, 2012 at 1:10 pm #

I gotta try that!!

4. Danielledee June 14, 2012 at 10:05 am #

Aquaphor is magical….and I love million lashes too! Great post Grace :)

Grace Atwood June 15, 2012 at 1:10 pm #

Thank you Danielle, and completely agree – it’s magic!

5. Viviana Carmona June 14, 2012 at 10:19 am #

I love new drugstore finds so half of these will be purchased tonight!

Grace Atwood June 15, 2012 at 1:10 pm #

I did the same thing, Viv!

6. ALyson -- TAGG June 14, 2012 at 10:30 am #

Amazing! LOVE drugstore finds since I find it hard to splurge on so many beauty products. Tip: if you’re a CVS cardholder you often get coupons for 20-30% off purchases. Love it!

Grace Atwood June 15, 2012 at 1:10 pm #

Good to know.  Need to get myself a CVS card!

7. Rachel Fackender June 14, 2012 at 10:39 am #

I am a huge fan of the L’Oreal Sublime Bronze! As a working gal, I have trouble finding the time to get out in the sun on the weekends. Too much to do! It is seriously 100% better than the Jergens, from my experience. Perfect blend, but make sure to wash your hands right after application!

graceatwood June 14, 2012 at 10:44 am #

I completely, 100% agree with you Rachel – it’s my go-to!!

8. the stylish housewife June 14, 2012 at 10:40 am #

can’t wait to give some of these a try! i also use visine to calm a pimple! too funny!

xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

Grace Atwood June 15, 2012 at 1:10 pm #

I’ve never tried it – have to!

9. Fleurdelizzie June 14, 2012 at 10:46 am #

It’s so easy to save on mascara. Either get them on clearance, or wait for coupons + a sale. CVS had a great sale on CoverGirl, so paired with their sale, their coupon, and my BOGO free coupon, I got 2 mascaras for 90 cents each!

Grace Atwood June 15, 2012 at 1:09 pm #

That’s amazing!  Great job!!

10. marnilz June 14, 2012 at 10:52 am #

great selection. i LOVE your top two mascaras! i ditched  lancome for them last year to save some money plus they go on with just a sweep or two. another drugstore beauty fave of mine is sauve dry shampoo. love the smell and it works!

Grace Atwood June 15, 2012 at 1:09 pm #

Thanks for the recommendation!

11. Megan Zietz June 14, 2012 at 12:00 pm #

use those mascaras and love burts bees!
    Xo Megan

Grace Atwood June 15, 2012 at 1:09 pm #

Me too… I think I have at least 5 tubes all over my apt and office!

12. blue roses June 14, 2012 at 12:08 pm #

the voluminous lashes is a great, great product; no need to spend more money on mascara.

l’oreal also has a new set of rich lip balms, the colour riche series, which are a cross between lipstick and lip balm. ideal!

Grace Atwood June 14, 2012 at 2:59 pm #

I completely agree.  I have to try the L’Oreal balms – thanks for the tip!!

13. Amy June 14, 2012 at 1:38 pm #

What a great idea Grace, love hearing from my fellow readers!  Never heard of the Goody Quikstyle or of using Visine to calm pimples, might have to give both a try.  Have a great day :)

graceatwood June 14, 2012 at 1:53 pm #

I hadn’t either – that’s why I love doing these types of post – so fun learning a new trick or two! xx

14. Bettina June 14, 2012 at 5:20 pm #

I’m going to have to add a few of these into my basket next time I’m at CVS! Thanks for making this such an interactive post, it’s always so fun to hear about what beauty products everyone loves!

graceatwood June 14, 2012 at 5:31 pm #

Isn’t it? I loved hearing everyone’s favorites. It was so fun. Thank YOU for submitting your fave!!

15. Sarah June 14, 2012 at 7:32 pm #

Wow! Thanks for compiling this list! I’ve actually never tried that self tanner (and I feel like I’m ALWAYS trying self tanners) so I’ll have to check that out next time I’m at the grocery store!

One that I have to add to your list is Crest White Strips! I’m not sure that they count as beauty products, but they’re amazing an work like a charm!

Grace Atwood June 15, 2012 at 1:09 pm #

I love Crest White Strips!  Rembrandt also has a great version that I’ve been loving.

16. Liz - So Much to Smile About June 15, 2012 at 12:10 am #

Love those bargain bronze and lip options! So fun to see what everyone suggested!

Grace Atwood June 15, 2012 at 1:08 pm #

I know, I had so much fun putting the post together!

17. Rachel B. June 16, 2012 at 12:25 am #

I love Smith’s Rosebud Salve in minted rose, and not only for lip balm, it works great on dry elbows! Plus the minted rose has a nice tingly sensation!

graceatwood June 16, 2012 at 9:18 pm #

Thanks for the suggestion! I love rosebud salve. Haven’t tried the mint, or putting it on my elbows… very intrigued!!

18. so anthro June 17, 2012 at 6:32 pm #

Love it!! I’m always at such a loss in the drugstore beauty aisle– this definitely helps!!

19. Julie {Julip Made} June 19, 2012 at 9:57 am #

Aquaphor is my bff in the winter and I’ve been using Maybelline Falsies since it first came out and LOVE the results!  Great roundup Grace!

graceatwood June 19, 2012 at 10:20 am #

Thanks! I love Falsies too – it’s my drugstore go-to. I also use Benefit They’re Real, but the results are basically the same!!

20. Taylor Gaudens June 20, 2012 at 6:11 pm #

I agree with your outlook on beauty products. It’s good to save on items you go through quickly like mascara, lotions, moisturizers, etc. I am currently using both mascaras, I love Burt’s Bees lip balms and Treseme Fresh Start dry shampoo. I’ll have to try L’Oreal Sublime Bronze. Thanks for the list!

graceatwood June 20, 2012 at 9:40 pm #

You are welcome! I love Treseme’s dry shampoo too! Sublime Bronze is the best – let me know how you like it!

1. Reader's Choice: Drugstore Beauty - June 14, 2012

[...] more: Reader's Choice: Drugstore Beauty Posted in Beauty, Beuty Product | Tags: asked-you, beauty, beauty-products, but-sometimes, [...]