May 8th, 2012

mom

Gift Guide: Mother’s Day

Picking out a Mother’s Day gift is always fun.  My mom and I have very similar taste, and I always try to treat her to something she wouldn’t necessarily purchase for herself.  She has a hard time splurging on little luxuries (a trait that I often wish was passed down to me.)  Favorite things to give her include jewelry, fancy & chic coffee table booksbeautiful scarves, beauty products (she loves all things Benefit + Sabon,) or of course, something I’ve made myself.  My mom is a dedicated s+s reader, so I can’t spill what I got her, but all of the below are things I know she’d really love.  (With the exception of the cashmere sweater, as she can’t wear wool.  I’d get her this one instead… still neon, but 100% cotton!)

From the top:  ASOS Clutches (such a steal – get one for yourself, too!) // BaubleBar Necklace and Earrings // Leif Teaspoons // Deepa Gurnani Hair Clip // Fortune Cookie Box (only $25!) // J.Crew Sweater  // Design Darling Vase (only $16!)

I’m curious – what are you getting Mom, this year?  Tell me below in the comments!

P.S.  For a mom-worthy DIY project, try making this tote!  (It’s an oldie but a goodie.)

P.P.S.  I’m honored to be featured over on Brown Eyed Belle, today!  Check out the little interview I did, here!

23 Responses to Gift Guide: Mother’s Day

1. PennyPincherFashion May 8, 2012 at 6:39 am #

You always have the best gift guides – love all your picks! :)

2. Helena May 8, 2012 at 6:49 am #

I have a DIY on my blog as well, magnets that look like your family members lol…well, moms always say they like something inexpensive and crafted from their children, right?
    I like your gift guide, too..unfortunately my mom isn´t really into fashion, design and all that stuff like me..um, maybe i´m adopted haha http://notanotherdiyblog.blogspot.de/2012/05/diy-mothers-day-gift-idea-my-magnetic.html

3. christin May 8, 2012 at 7:36 am #

i can’t tell you….it’s a secret. seriously. lol.

4. Jess May 8, 2012 at 8:34 am #

Those earrings are gorgeous! Every year, I get my mom and my aunt the same gift—a gift certificate for a pedicure at their favorite salon. It’s what they ask for, and I provide it willingly. :)

5. Viviana Carmona May 8, 2012 at 9:35 am #

These are all great choices!

6. victoria | vmac+cheese May 8, 2012 at 11:11 am #

Hm…the problem with buying my mom one of those clutches would be that I wouldn’t want to give it to her!! Love that little fortune cookie box too. Just adorable and a great conversation piece.

7. Crystalin May 8, 2012 at 11:15 am #

This is a fantastic round up… except I think I want one of each for myself lol. The BaubleBar tortoise necklace is gorgeous!

8. Nnenna May 8, 2012 at 11:27 am #

Ooo, I adore that cashmere striped sweater- it’s so cute!  I got my mom a personalized mug for Mother’s Day! :)

9. Mackenzie {Design Darling} May 8, 2012 at 1:04 pm #

Such a fun round-up! Those ASOS clutches are amazing. Thanks for including my little pink vase — I love that we both mentioned each other on the same day! ;) xoxo

10. Carly | a simple affair May 8, 2012 at 2:36 pm #

Probably one of my favorite Mother’s Day gift guide yet! Double yes to mom’s needing neon too! xo

11. Jen@redsolesandredwine May 8, 2012 at 3:50 pm #

This is a great gift guide!  Love the neon stripe top and the Asos clutches!

12. Mady May 8, 2012 at 5:41 pm #

these are amazing gifts!

xoxo
    Mady

thegirlfromthemirror.blogspot.com

13. A Girl, A Style May 8, 2012 at 6:13 pm #

Love this gift guide Grace (especially that fortune cookie box which I’m now going to buy)! My own Mum has passed away, but I’m all for treating precious mamas to indulgences and small luxuries that you know they’d love but wouldn’t treat themselves to (jewels, books, afternoon tea, cashmere and tickets to the theatre amongst them).

Briony xx

14. Sarah May 8, 2012 at 7:29 pm #

Thanks for all the gift suggestions! This year, I’m super stumped as to what to get my mom. I ALWAYS do jewelry (she loves Alexis Bittar). But I kind of want to branch out this year. I love the coffee table book idea!

15. Mary Boersma May 8, 2012 at 10:48 pm #

These are great! I love the gold fortune cookie!

16. Ali (A Dash of Details) May 8, 2012 at 11:14 pm #

Too funny! I just posted a last minute mother’s day guide on my blog! It could be because I always wait until the last minute.  Great picks!
    xo- Ali (a dash of details)

17. LindsB May 9, 2012 at 8:58 am #

I love that clutch, I’m not a mom but I might need one for myself too :)

18. Lauren Schugar May 9, 2012 at 7:16 pm #

I bought my mom Toms!

19. Waseem200846 July 21, 2012 at 4:05 am #

I wish to use this stuff on any gift giving occasion…look simple and easy to do.
    Send  gifts to pakistan

20. maria January 21, 2013 at 2:23 am #

Mother is a first person which is very close to you. I appreciate your mom as she spend hard time for you as most mom does. Thanks for sharing with us.

1. Hot Mama: Here’s To All The Fabulous Women Who Raised Us! | Independent Fashion Bloggers - May 11, 2012

[...] you need a last minute gift, this guide from Stripes + Sequins should give you a good [...]

2. Hot Mama: Here’s To All The Fabulous Women Who Raised Us! - Fashion In Style - May 13, 2012

3. free xbox 360 - October 4, 2012

{Online|On-line|On the internet|On the web|On the net|On line|Internet|Over the internet|Via the internet|Web based|Using the web} {Article|Post|Write-up|Short article|Report|Posting|Piece of writing|Guide|Content|Document|Brief article}…

The data pointed out in the post are a few of the best obtainable…