This summer has certainly been a busy one. It feels, at times, just a bit too scheduled for my liking. I’m meeting up with friends that I’ve been trying to see since April, constantly running from work to this event or that, have barely seen my closest friends, and am always feeling as if I just need some me time!
Luckily, on weekends, we’ve been spending a lot of time out east, which never fails to leave me feeling rested and ready to tackle a busy week.
Below are a few of my essentials… for the Hamptons, or for anywhere warm & beachy, for that matter!
1. I live in this Club Monaco Dress. It’s striped, so-so-so super soft, and possibly the best part? It’s lined, which makes it super flattering. If you ask me, there’s nothing worse than an unlined flimsy dress dress. Clothes just look better lined. I probably sound like I’m 80 years old saying it, but if it’s not lined, I wear a slip. No slip necessary with this number, which is unusual as it’s cotton jersey.
2. This St. Tropez self-tanner is amongst the best I’ve ever tried. It dries in under a minute, the smell is minimal, and it delivers the perfect golden glow. If you don’t feel like frying, use this. No one will be the wiser.
3. I absolutely adore my Tory Burch Miller Sandals. Granted, mine are bright yellow (and from last year,) but they are super comfortable and perfect for the beach, garden parties, or hopping around town.
4. In my opinion, everyone needs an Aviator Nation Hoodie. I’ve written about the brand a few times now, and am totally hooked. Their cotton is super soft, and I can’t get enough of the retro styles. Major brand crush.
5. I live in J.Crew’s 3″ chino shorts. Live. Every season I buy a pair or two, and now I have 6 pairs, in a rainbow of colors. These pink ones will be my next acquisition. I recommend ordering a size or two up vs. what you’d normally wear at J.Crew because they run a little bit large (for J.Crew standards, at least.)
6. A great beach bag, like this one from Roberta Roller Rabbit. I’ve been a fan of the brand for what feels like forever, and was beside myself to learn that Piperlime carries the brand. (She has an amazing – albeit dangerous – boutique in Southampton, I highly recommend visiting!)
7. My Oliver Peoples Daddy B sunglasses look great on me – and on every single one of my friends who have tried them on. So flattering, and so stylish… I get major anxiety should I ever accidentally leave them behind!
8. Goody Spin Pins are the best invention ever. I use them constantly. High bun, chignon, side bun, braided bun, etc… they are the absolute greatest and hold any style in place without pinching or pulling.